Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First women completes Navy special warfare training

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    This would seem to indicate you're wrong. The link at the article wouldn't open for me.

https://wanderingthroughthenight.wor...-basic-course/
    Only part of that article I can comment on is "sometimes a SEAL just can’t handle the starvation of Ranger school."

Those I talked to who had done it, said that was the only part they found really difficult. In BUDS, they work you have to death, but they don't starve you apparently. Mu guess is however, the attrition rate of SEALs dropping out of Ranger school must be quite low, unless due to something they can't control like an injury. Would be interesting to know what the actual % is though.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    This would seem to indicate you're wrong. The link at the article wouldn't open for me.

https://wanderingthroughthenight.wor...-basic-course/
    Yep, they have 2 now. My info is dated, clearly. I did not know until @TomBowie had posted that a female had graduated BRC (formerly ARS). The longer I am out the less I am in-the-know.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Only part of that article I can comment on is "sometimes a SEAL just can’t handle the starvation of Ranger school."

Those I talked to who had done it, said that was the only part they found really difficult. In BUDS, they work you have to death, but they don't starve you apparently. Mu guess is however, the attrition rate of SEALs dropping out of Ranger school must be quite low, unless due to something they can't control like an injury. Would be interesting to know what the actual % is though.
    The overwhelming majority of those who don't graduate Ranger School are dropped on the first day during the RPFT. You can lose another decent chunk on land nav. Hell, guys get kicked out during the layout because they can't follow the packing list.

You don't really lose too many students through the course. The quitters save face and "fail" in RAP week, everyone else that's dropped is usually because they eat peers and/or continue to fail patrols after recycling.
    Last edited by GTF425; 07-23-21 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    The overwhelming majority of those who don't graduate Ranger School are dropped on the first day during the RPFT. You can lose another decent chunk on land nav. Hell, guys get kicked out during the layout because they can't follow the packing list.

You don't really lose too many students through the course. The quitters save face and "fail" in RAP week, everyone else that's dropped is usually because they eat peers and/or continue to fail patrols after recycling.
    Everything I know about Ranger School I learned from others. I had orders to go and I was sweating it hard, but ended up getting orders to a different school instead. We had two Marines (recon) go about 6 months before I got orders, they both passed, one went through everything with no recycles, the other one was recycled once.

One of them said that one of the Ranger Instructors pulled them and a SEAL aside on the first day and told them to not quit at all costs, apparently it is a career killer for Marines and SEALs.

Hard I can do, sleep deprivation I can do, you want me to carry everything's far and fast? Check. But feed me. Everyone knew about calorie restriction in Ranger School and that it zaps everybody.

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by TomBowie; 03-05-22 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can hardly wait for the book and movie......
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I can hardly wait for the book and movie......
    What, you didn't see that movie focused on the height of realism and accuracy Ji Jane?!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456