Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rail in 200 dollar range

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New rail in 200 dollar range

Im looking to replace an old Geissele Mk2 rail on my main rifle. Probably going to do Mlok but pic isnt out of the question. My initial plan is to run a BCM MCMR (though the FDE quad rail looks super sexy) and those run about 200 bucks.

What other rails in that price range should I look at? I know the older model Centurion rails are that price but they seem to always be out of stock.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Have you considered the ALG V3? Not a fancy option, but an option nonetheless. It's a little wider and rounder than some of the other options.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Have you considered the ALG V3? Not a fancy option, but an option nonetheless. It's a little wider and rounder than some of the other options.
    You know, I had read a while back that they were discontinuing the ALG rails so I didnt even look at them. It's still in stock as of now. Thanks for the reminder.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Im looking to replace an old Geissele Mk2 rail on my main rifle. Probably going to do Mlok but pic isnt out of the question. My initial plan is to run a BCM MCMR (though the FDE quad rail looks super sexy) and those run about 200 bucks.

What other rails in that price range should I look at? I know the older model Centurion rails are that price but they seem to always be out of stock.
    CA and BCM are both well known solid setups, I own a bunch of each and can recommend them without hesitation. Cross Machine Tool is another vet owned business who makes some fantastic rails, and is slightly under 2 bills.

https://www.rainierarms.com/cmt-uhpr...-handguard-15/
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I really like Midwest Industries Combat Rail. I see some mention of, but not a lot of Midwest Industries. They really have a pretty decent line of products.
    DK

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukr View Post
    I really like Midwest Industries Combat Rail. I see some mention of, but not a lot of Midwest Industries. They really have a pretty decent line of products.
    Yes they do, and I should have mentioned them as well. They are introducing a line of new heavy duty / stiff rails currently as well. They are up on their webpage. I have one, but haven't installed it on anything or taken any pics of it yet.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They are introducing a line of new heavy duty / stiff rails currently as well.
    Which one are you referring to?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukr View Post
    I don't use them enough. Everything I have from MI has been 100% GTG and decently priced.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    To echo what others have already said. I have an MI Combat rail on one of my builds and its rock solid and is probably under your price point. Also have a Centurion CMR MLOK on a pistol build. They can be had for right around 2 bills right now depending on length and are very nice as well. If you want to go Gucci you may be able to find an SLR for a little over your price point. They are sexy for sure but pricey. You may go over by 50 bucks or so. I also have a BAD on another build. Favorite out of the batch is the Centurion with the MI being a very close second. If I were on a tight budget I'd go with MI and not be upset.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not really a budget thing, but if it's more than the BCM rail I'd rather just stick with the BCM.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast