Thread: "Dates in Transit" for 5320.20?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

"Dates in Transit" for 5320.20?

My wife and I plan to relocate out of Colorado in the coming months, and I realized that I need to get my ass in gear and do the 5320.20s...

Bumped into a question y'all might be able to help with, though. For box 3, they want the "Dates in Transit" for a permanent move. Is it acceptable to put a fairly generous range here? Since I don't know the exact date we'll be actually in transit, and AFT might take their sweet time with the approval, would it work to pad about a month on either end of what I expect the actual move date will be? I know that for non-permanent moves, this can be an entire year, but I'm not sure if that flies for a permanent move.

Also, they request two copies if you mail in the form...If I email it, do I need to attach the file twice? (That's kind of a joke, but also sort of serious...Just like the ATF)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    My wife and I plan to relocate out of Colorado in the coming months, and I realized that I need to get my ass in gear and do the 5320.20s...

Bumped into a question y'all might be able to help with, though. For box 3, they want the "Dates in Transit" for a permanent move. Is it acceptable to put a fairly generous range here? Since I don't know the exact date we'll be actually in transit, and AFT might take their sweet time with the approval, would it work to pad about a month on either end of what I expect the actual move date will be? I know that for non-permanent moves, this can be an entire year, but I'm not sure if that flies for a permanent move.

Also, they request two copies if you mail in the form...If I email it, do I need to attach the file twice? (That's kind of a joke, but also sort of serious...Just like the ATF)
    My form 20 I put a year. jan to dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just to be clear, you did a permanent change of address with a one year date range?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Just to be clear, you did a permanent change of address with a one year date range?
    Does in-state move require change of address?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachucko View Post
    Does in-state move require change of address?

If it’s permanent change of address Yes. If traveling within the state the item is register no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I padded my estimated move date by a month on each end and sent them in. Now we wait and see...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As an update, the forms came back approved in about 10 days. No issues with the date range I provided. I even made a small mistake on one of the "Model" fields that I didn't catch and they just corrected it in the "conditions" area of the Approval box rather than rejecting it and making me resubmit.

Gotta say, overall, it was pretty quick and painless!