Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook news or not?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Facebook news or not?

Facebook can't be up held to the same standards as the news because it's not news according to lawmaker's.

This week the Whitehouse wants to block a list of individuals on Facebook because it's drowning out real Covid 19 news.

So is it news or not? Seems like the Dems think so. Sometimes I can't even believe they make it this obvious and people still miss how hypocritical the politicians are. "It's good for you but not for me". 401k anyone!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    Facebook can't be up held to the same standards as the news because it's not news according to lawmaker's.

This week the Whitehouse wants to block a list of individuals on Facebook because it's drowning out real Covid 19 news.

So is it news or not? Seems like the Dems think so. Sometimes I can't even believe they make it this obvious and people still miss how hypocritical the politicians are. "It's good for you but not for me". 401k anyone!
    I have also thought that if Facebook is used for anything more than entertainment, than you are seriously mislead. It’s like watching jimmy kimmel or Cobert and thinking that that’s the opinion of the majority of people. I mean they filter what they want to put out and won’t let opposing views on there. It’s almost as bad as Apple news. Complete dog shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    People still have facebook?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    People still have facebook?

Good one. I left in 2017. I can’t believe more people didn’t leave when Cuckerburg said that Facebook users were dumb f@ckers. Insanity

Feedback Score
    Yeah, sorry. Never been on facebook. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing but, meh.

Keep up with friends by email, phone calls, group video calls, and weird as it may sound... actually seeing and talking to each other. Weird I know but I'm just odd like that.

This forum is basically the extent of my social media. I am therefore expecting y'all to step up your game on "misinformation" and "conspiracy thoeries" so I don't feel like I'm missing out.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For the record people using Facebook don't think you're smarter for not using it and the people who never even signed up or already left are just measuring pricks to see who's better.

This is not what I intended with my post, it wasn't about who left and how dumb people are for all staying on the platform. It was about the white houses obvious hypocrisy.

I really don't get (Communism I get it) how they can consider people banable for false Covid facts not allowing the real facts to get out because they're drowning out the so called real facts. Not that I agree with what they consider real facts.

The left has used Facebook as a means of delivery for all their information. How, by blocking anything they don't agree with.

Facebook isn't connecting with friends, it's leftist propaganda
    Last edited by Twilk73; 07-17-21 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I never would consider Facebook as news media. Admittedly my wife has FB, I don't, so my exposure is limited to funny videos and pics/news of freinds and family. IMHO, thats what FB should be.

If the Whitehouse can direct who is and isn't allowed a voice on FB, then FB is facilitating an unconstitutional attack on freedom of speech.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-17-21 at 08:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If any institution should be held accountable for spreading misinformation, it should be the US Government.

Feedback Score
    Not a lawyer, but it seems it would help Trump’s case against Facebook that they are a de facto govt agency if the WH says jump and Zuck has how many centimeters…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    So at what point does FB become "an agent of the government"? If they conspire to spread an official narrative, silencing dissent and even silencing proven facts and legitimate information at the behest of and for the express purpose of benefitting some or all of the government.

FWIW, I don't condemn folks for doing FB, and it ain't virtue signaling on my part that I don't. My wife uses it, but has concerns. Got other F&F that dig it. I don't, that's all. Who knows, maybe if I and a lot of others like me did it would be harder for them to turn it into a Marxist woke echo chamber. Meh, just not my thing. Doesn't make me smarter, more dialed in, or anything of the kind.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast