Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: It's 2021, what's the new LE6920?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Letting people know where to get an M16 cut lower from a legal source is ok. I don’t care what you think I should do to be honest. You are nobody to me. I don’t need your advice.
    Okay sunshine.

Feedback Score
    Aside from the non sense, the latest Colt 6920’s are solid. The ones that someone linked that are M4 Carbine marked are a good buy I think. Colt 6920 are the real deal and as close to the Military weapons as you can probably get without an SOT license. For those that don’t know it’s cost 500$ a year to have one. It’s worth it.

Feedback Score
    Aside from the non sense, the latest Colt 6920’s are solid. The ones that someone linked that are M4 Carbine marked are a good buy I think. Colt 6920 are the real deal and as close to the Military weapons as you can probably get without an SOT license. For those that don’t know it’s cost 500$ a year to have one. It’s worth it.
    It's sad we have to pay a special tax to a unconstitutional bureau that was created to regulate and tax alcohol and was weaponized against gangsters using machine guns, to buy and sell an unconstitutional class (NFA) of firearm. The NFA is a joke almost as big as the ATF itself: both of which violate Article VI via the Second Amendment. Do the new 6920's still have the extra material in the lower?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't want to derail this but what year do some of yall think is the best year for Colt AR's?

My Dad had 2 and when he passed away they were left to me so I never bought any Colt AR's I purchased different brands because I like to try different things.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    It's sad we have to pay a special tax to a unconstitutional bureau that was created to regulate and tax alcohol and was weaponized against gangsters using machine guns, to buy and sell an unconstitutional class (NFA) of firearm. The NFA is a joke almost as big as the ATF itself: both of which violate Article VI via the Second Amendment. Do the new 6920's still have the extra material in the lower?
    I agree with you 100%. As far as I know they still have the extra material in the lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    Don't want to derail this but what year do some of yall think is the best year for Colt AR's?

My Dad had 2 and when he passed away they were left to me so I never bought any Colt AR's I purchased different brands because I like to try different things.

Thanks.
    From what I have seen the Colt Defense carbines made between 2009 and current are very well made. I have a 2001 that has some minor QC issues: does not effect function. The non M16 BCG and H buffer are a bit light and its over gassed. The FCG is match grade from the factory but feels horrible until I stoned it and greased it. The carrier has abnormal machining on the bottom where the hammer contacts it. The newest I have is really nice. Many of the issues they had seemed to be ironed out for the most part. For a while triggers were a hit or miss, folks had machine issues mostly blemishes. The quality seemed to pick up around 2009 from what I have seen. Folks still find minor issues here and there. The budget non Defense rifles are made of inferior materials, folks were running into parts that were not holding up well. The gas tubes were differed part numbers, and very thin versus Colt Defense tubes. I called Colt and they told me the parts are different on commercial models known as Expanse. Any LE, OEM, or Pro should be made with military grade parts. I have seen some older Law Enforcement Use and Government Only models that are incredibly well made also. You really have to inspect them ultimately, but any new model other than Expanse is a solid platform for duty use.

Feedback Score
    I agree with you 100%. As far as I know they still have the extra material in the lower.
    Thanks. 👍

Feedback Score
    From what I have seen the Colt Defense carbines made between 2009 and current are very well made. I have a 2001 that has some minor QC issues: does not effect function. The non M16 BCG and H buffer are a bit light and its over gassed. The FCG is match grade from the factory but feels horrible until I stoned it and greased it. The carrier has abnormal machining on the bottom where the hammer contacts it. The newest I have is really nice. Many of the issues they had seemed to be ironed out for the most part. For a while triggers were a hit or miss, folks had machine issues mostly blemishes. The quality seemed to pick up around 2009 from what I have seen. Folks still find minor issues here and there. The budget non Defense rifles are made of inferior materials, folks were running into parts that were not holding up well. The gas tubes were differed part numbers, and very thin versus Colt Defense tubes. I called Colt and they told me the parts are different on commercial models known as Expanse. Any LE, OEM, or Pro should be made with military grade parts. I have seen some older Law Enforcement Use and Government Only models that are incredibly well made also. You really have to inspect them ultimately, but any new model other than Expanse is a solid platform for duty use.
    The Expanse rifles (short lived) wernt made by colt. They sucked. Colt had a 2nd party make them for them. A complete embarrassment for colt to put their name on that travesty. The 6920’s of all years are solid. As far as I know the expanse line was not called 6920. Colt 6920, 6720, 6721, 6960, 6940 and 6920-EPR are all top notch weapons I feel you can trust your life on.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool, thanks for the info! 🤙

Feedback Score
    The budget non Defense rifles are made of inferior materials, folks were running into parts that were not holding up well. The gas tubes were differed part numbers, and very thin versus Colt Defense tubes. I called Colt and they told me the parts are different on commercial models known as Expanse. Any LE, OEM, or Pro should be made with military grade parts. I have seen some older Law Enforcement Use and Government Only models that are incredibly well made also. You really have to inspect them ultimately, but any new model other than Expanse is a solid platform for duty use.
    Depends on the exact model of Expanse and when you bought it. Towards the end of that series they were pretty much pulling parts from the 6920 bins and selling them under the Expanse name. If you bought at the beginning of the series you may (most likely) have got a rifle missing bits (ejection port door, forward assist) and / or containing a lot of non-Colt parts.

The Expanse rifles I bought (towards the end of that series) are darn near identical to the 6920 carbines I have less the barrel, trigger group and buffer. (aside of being assembled on a different line and minor things like staking being different) Same exact LE prefix M4 Colt lowers on all...

With a detailed inspection that actually involves measuring things and shooting them side by side (Expanse vs 6920) - I can't come to the same conclusions that you did with regard to the Expanse samples I have.

The triggers are lighter and the barrels are more accurate.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast