Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2021, what's the new LE6920?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    We make a pretty solid Patrol Carbine.

I've always thought the 6920 was the yardstick everything else is measured against.
    When we set out to make a simple duty rifle I had that in mind. Obviously we're using a midgas system... 16" barrel gassed at .076.
    H buffer, sprinco action spring, individual HP/MPI 158c bolt, correct small parts etc

The torque values for castle nut, barrel but, gas key fasteners etc are all correct. Aggressive staking, thread treatments, dry film on receiver extensions etc

I wanted to make a legitimately enhanced 6920.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    SOLGW guilds a solid product and is hard for my shop to keep your products in stock. Nice to see that your gas port size is not (unlike some companies) a secret.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Please… for the love of all things Holy, NOBODY answer this. Please, just don’t…

Quote Originally Posted by MistoGators View Post
    Such as?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not a perfect LE6920 analogy but the guts are right as rain, the LMT SPM16 and BCM M4 Mod1 are what I have found thus far.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
    Not a perfect LE6920 analogy but the guts are right as rain, the LMT SPM16 and BCM M4 Mod1 are what I have found thus far.
    I agree but I think either will be well over $1k.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    Please… for the love of all things Holy, NOBODY answer this. Please, just don’t…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude says, “I’d literally pick any AR-15 from that one specific manufacturer if I were needing an AR” and yet someone still comes along and is like... “Which AR are ya talkin’ bout?”

And I’m amazed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I agree but I think either will be well over $1k.

Andy
    Yeah, the SPM16 with a MSRP of $1800+ is way overpriced IMHO for what it is. The BCM M4 Mod1 at ~$1250 is higher, too, but at least in the range of reality - I mean that's almost what LE6920s used to sell for before Sandy Hook.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
    Yeah, the SPM16 with a MSRP of $1800+ is way overpriced IMHO for what it is. The BCM M4 Mod1 at ~$1250 is higher, too, but at least in the range of reality - I mean that's almost what LE6920s used to sell for before Sandy Hook.
    I incorrectly assumed the BCM MOD 0 was priced significantly higher than the Colt. Both are currently out of stock, but G&R Tactical shows the BCM MOD 0 midlength less than $50 higher than the 6920. G&R does not list the BCM M4 MOD 1.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-19-21 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    With the internet as intrinsic as it is in every day life and shopping for most people, good, clear photography makes a difference. A new 1911 company was asking me some questions, and I had to dumb it down to the point of telling them that if their website pictures were representative of their product, they were in big trouble. Please take that as just reinforcing what you already know, and not me taking cheap shots at you guys.
    Spent 10 years working for an enterprise ecommerce provider. Lots of big names on our platform from fashion to professional sports teams yadda yadda yadda. We had a dedicated creative studio and all they did was take product shots for our clients. One of the hardest things to do on the old interwebs is to mimic the tactile experience of being physically able to touch and handle the product for which you are shopping. Saw a lot of attempts at it come and go over the years. Even today its a compromise between good to great image processing and a really solid return / exchange process. Zappo's really pushed the envelope there with free exchanges and returns early on. Now it's the standard. Hard to do with firearms however......

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    And the CR6920 is still a very viable choice.

Along with just about any offerings to your spec from the GTG makers.
    I haven’t paid close attention to Colt for a few years. I have a couple of CR serial Colts; are they not to be depended upon like my older LE rifles?
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    We make a pretty solid Patrol Carbine.

I've always thought the 6920 was the yardstick everything else is measured against.
    When we set out to make a simple duty rifle I had that in mind. Obviously we're using a midgas system... 16" barrel gassed at .076.
    H buffer, sprinco action spring, individual HP/MPI 158c bolt, correct small parts etc

The torque values for castle nut, barrel but, gas key fastners etc are all correct. Aggressive staking, thread treatments, dry film on receiver extensions etc

I wanted to make a legitimately enhanced 6920.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The only thing I can't wrap my brain around is your barrels? Not chromed? I would like to hear your reasoning behind your barrel materials choice: for educational purposes. Rooted as a Colt Defense purist and all. Also what's up with the lack of Blaster Guts on your website? I need a decent LPK for my 11.5" clone. :/ Hope all is well down there!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast