Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2021, what's the new LE6920?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ive never owned a SOLGW rifle but IraqGunz gave them a big thumbs up, which is good enough for me. I did buy small parts kits from them that I never had issues with them.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Well that interesting, I have a Colt LE6920 M4, and yeah it have been a pretty damn good rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darknetone View Post
    Well that interesting, I have a Colt LE6920 M4, and yeah it have been a pretty damn good rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My only complaint about my 6920 is the lower is not truly milspec due to the material left preventing a larger drop in trigger. The older Colts have the similar added crap to prevent auto including the open non milspec BCG. Colt has always gone the extra mile to differentiate their rifles from the real deal. Hope they stop this in newer models. The added weight in the lower is a negative, and doubtful a stiffer lower is beneficial. Added material on the upper would be beneficial and the weight would be a good trade off like the HK416.

I would like to see Colt Defense switch to a Geissele fore end or go with the 6940 type monolithic type without the heavy picatinny rails.
    Last edited by Core781; 07-22-21 at 22:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptotic View Post
    I haven’t paid close attention to Colt for a few years. I have a couple of CR serial Colts; are they not to be depended upon like my older LE rifles?
    Can you give details??? Don’t be that guy…
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    My only complaint about my 6920 is the lower is not truly milspec due to the material left preventing a larger drop in trigger. The older Colts have the similar added crap to prevent auto including the open non milspec BCG. Colt has always gone the extra mile to differentiate their rifles from the real deal. Hope they stop this in newer models. The added weight in the lower is a negative, and doubtful a stiffer lower is beneficial. Added material on the upper would be beneficial and the weight would be a good trade off like the HK416.

I would like to see Colt Defense switch to a Geissele fore end or go with the 6940 type monolithic type without the heavy picatinny rails.
    Your post doesn’t make sense. You say colt adds weight by adding the bridge on the lower to prevent full auto (adds 2 ounces max). Then you say that colt should go with a 6940 type rail (Heavy). Hk 416/Sig 516 front end heavy. You are all over the place with your post. Reel it in so it actually makes sense.

Also, pretty much any trigger drops in so another falsehood by you. Keep your fact in line. It can lead others to be believe misinformation. Read a little more before posting falsehoods. We will all be better for it.
    Last edited by indianalex01; 07-22-21 at 23:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Your post doesn’t make sense. You say colt adds weight by adding the bridge on the lower to prevent full auto (adds 2 ounces max). Then you say that colt should go with a 6940 type rail (Heavy). Hk 416/Sig 516 front end heavy. You are all over the place with your post. Reel it in so it actually makes sense.

Also, pretty much any trigger drops in so another falsehood by you. Keep your fact in line. It can lead others to be believe misinformation. Read a little more before posting falsehoods. We will all be better for it.
    You're confused. Read the details. I said add more material to the upper not lower: restore milspec. I also said monolithic without picatinny. I did not say anything about adding pistons or other HK upper features. Not all triggers drop in. Facts. Get over yourself.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptotic View Post
    I haven’t paid close attention to Colt for a few years. I have a couple of CR serial Colts; are they not to be depended upon like my older LE rifles?
    New colts are still great rifles. A lot of people are making assumptions based upon things such as them moving to laser engraved markings instead of the old roll marks etc. If you are a serious user just drive on knowing you have a solid rifle and let the internet argue about the unimportant things.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I have a CR6920 as well as a CR6940, and I’ve had a few LE6920’s in the past. The new colts are more consistent with their finishing, and the Rosco supplied barrels are fabulous shooters that are properly gassed. I believe the new CR line is as good as the previous LE models and may actually a step up in quality. I get some are less than pleased with the new markings but it makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint.

Here’s a great article https://looserounds.com/2021/02/01/colt-cr6920-carbine/

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    New colts are still great rifles. A lot of people are making assumptions based upon things such as them moving to laser engraved markings instead of the old roll marks etc. If you are a serious user just drive on knowing you have a solid rifle and let the internet argue about the unimportant things.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 07-23-21 at 08:30.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Exactly, the only thing different are the markings. Unlike what supposed "experts" were claiming earlier in this thread.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    The only thing I can't wrap my brain around is your barrels? Not chromed? I would like to hear your reasoning behind your barrel materials choice: for educational purposes. Rooted as a Colt Defense purist and all. Also what's up with the lack of Blaster Guts on your website? I need a decent LPK for my 11.5" clone. :/ Hope all is well down there!
    Hopefully it's ok to post this:

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast