Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: watches?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. That was the kicker. All of that agonizing watch research and debate, and the guy who started the whole thing just uses his Iberry to tell time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not even fancy enough for an Iberry. I just use my phone. Or ask someone else. Other people seem to like to wear watches.

Feedback Score

Military Watch

I went scuba diving with my G-Shock, followed by almost 4 years on active duty in the Airborne (the original battery was in it when I finished my term of service - ETS or Echo Tango Suitcase). It is quite rugged and most paratroopers got one because if you got hung up while jumping it would not rip your skin or wrist off - the rubber or plastic band would just rip off. Metal bands were not an option - do not use nylon straps either - they don't stretch or break easily.
    These days I wear fancier watches but my G-Shock always goes with me on rough rainy days or when I am working out.
    Last edited by Ricardus; 12-10-08 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    I have one of these i got from them too:
    CASIO GW500A-1V Black G-Shock Atomic Solar Watch with resin band
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882300001

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox20 View Post
    I have one of these i got from them too:
    CASIO GW500A-1V Black G-Shock Atomic Solar Watch with resin band
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882300001

This watch is great. I have never had an issue in 3 1/2 yrs and that includes lots of ABN Ops, swimming, and deployments. I willnever go back to a Timex again.

Feedback Score
    I wear a Bulova hack watch most of the time. It's about as simple as you can get.

Last edited by jtb0311; 12-10-08 at 23:02.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

5.11 Field Ops Watch: ~$150

I've got this watch. I bought it about a year ago. Once you adjust for magnetic declination, the compass is "good enough" to get an azimuth and roll with it, or just to get a solid direction. It's not as consistently accurate as a standard compass, but it gets the job done, and pretty well.

The bullet drop calculator is something I thought was "gee-whiz" cool, but I've never used it.

Overall, I've given the watch a good run for it's money, and beaten it to hell and back, and it's still working fine, and I'm still on the original battery. The illumination is pretty good, and very clear.

This watch is definitely waterproof.

I'd really like to get the Suunto Vector, but the Field Ops watch has so far been a good little performer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 5.11 field ops watch is cool looking. But I can't help but think you aren't getting anything more than a nice G-shok, but at twice the price. Especially if you don't use the ballistics feature.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This thread couldn't have come at a better time. I completely destroyed another watch yesterday. I have no idea why I'm so hard on them but after spending several hundred dollars on one several years ago (and destroying it) I decided that Timex watches were better suited for me. Well my third one in as many months shit the bed.

I quit. I'm not buying any more watches and it's a damn good thing work pays for my cell phones or I'd stop buying and carrying those too.

Feedback Score
    Luminox is the only way to go. All other brands are cheap imitations.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast