Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Kenosha, WI: Carjacking victim to be charged with endangering attacker?

Feedback Score

In Kenosha, WI: Carjacking victim to be charged with endangering attacker?

I’m hoping more will come from this but the initial reporting doesn’t make Kenosha sound any friendlier than it was last year for Rittenhouse. Does anybody know or have you heard anymore about this?

KENOSHA, Wisconsin - The 13-year-old girl who allegedly tried to carjack someone on Friday night in Kenosha will be facing charges, as will the driver who shot her. The girl was shot while trying to steal a car from a gas station at the corner of Sheridan Road and 50th, police said. She remains hospitalized. Kenosha police said on Sunday that charges will be referred to juvenile court. The driver remains in custody on a single charge of recklessly endangering safety.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/13...mpression=true

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That's messed up. It seems to me, and I am no lawyer, a decent lawyer will take care of this and it'll never see a courtroom.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pretty thin on the info. My guess is that you can't use deadly force to protect property.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I believed the error to the shooting is that she was driving away. He shot at her from behind. Unless she was driving at him, he is probably going to face charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In many states it is illegal to use deadly force to protect property. If the carjacker was armed, or tried to take the vehicle by force, then a case for self-defense could be articulated. But if she simply jumped in the car and attempted to drive away while the vehicle's owner was outside, I can see why he was charged if she posed no threat to him directly.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Without details, its hard to say. Did she jump in a running car and attempt to drive away so he blasted her, did she use a weapon to get him out of the car, then try to drive away? Did she present a weapon and get shot? Did he mag dump all over the neighborhood?

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The "Recklessly endangering safety" charge sounds suspiciously like he was just charged for discharging a firearm in a public area.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Without details, its hard to say. Did she jump in a running car and attempt to drive away so he blasted her, did she use a weapon to get him out of the car, then try to drive away? Did she present a weapon and get shot? Did he mag dump all over the neighborhood?

Andy
    That's a good point. I was only seeing it from "I feared for my life" point of view. There are definitely things we do not know.

Feedback Score

In Kenosha, WI: Carjacking victim to be charged with endangering attacker?

Did the shooter leave his/her car keys in the ignition?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Yes, it was left running unattended.

Last article in the local news quote him as saying he intended to shoot put the tires. He thought it was within his right to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast