Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In Kenosha, WI: Carjacking victim to be charged with endangering attacker?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It’s too bad that liberal states give the criminals more rights than the victims. All of these mofos that don’t think it’s morally correct to defend your property using force have probably lived a sheltered life and never felt the loss, fear and intrusion of being victimized. Or they used to be the criminal..

I hate to say “in the gold ole days” but about twenty years ago where I live a guy shot a 19 y/o kid breaking into his car- the kid had a screwdriver and told the victim to F-off when confronted and subsequently got shot. There was some media buzz about shooting to protect a car and whether the screwdriver was a deadly weapon or threat. The DA shut the questions down, saying “when it comes to citizen versus criminal, I’ll side with the citizen every time.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post
    I believed the error to the shooting is that she was driving away. He shot at her from behind. Unless she was driving at him, he is probably going to face charges.
    I don't have a fundamental problem with that. However, legally he's gonna be in a world of shit for the reasons you stated. Good thing the carjacker made it though.....the real victim in this incident would be facing more serious charges and a future cure for cancer or other Nobel-level achievement would never happen.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post
    Yes, it was left running unattended.

Last article in the local news quote him as saying he intended to shoot put the tires. He thought it was within his right to do that.
    Damn, the shooter doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed, given both the key-in-ignition and "shoot the tires out" aspects of this case.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    It’s too bad that liberal states give the criminals more rights than the victims. All of these mofos that don’t think it’s morally correct to defend your property using force have probably lived a sheltered life and never felt the loss, fear and intrusion of being victimized. Or they used to be the criminal..

I hate to say “in the gold ole days” but about twenty years ago where I live a guy shot a 19 y/o kid breaking into his car- the kid had a screwdriver and told the victim to F-off when confronted and subsequently got shot. There was some media buzz about shooting to protect a car and whether the screwdriver was a deadly weapon or threat. The DA shut the questions down, saying “when it comes to citizen versus criminal, I’ll side with the citizen every time.”
    Not nitpicking but a 19yo is an adult, and should be considered as one. A year younger even and he could join the military and be killing folks before ever turning 19.

Now does a 19yo seems like a "kid" to me at almost 56? Yeah.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...e84146f9b.html

Details for those asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for posting the link with more details. I think I will slightly change my opinion. Carjacking (as the news reported) is robbery, what occurred is larceny. There is a significant difference. Though I do think property crimes are a big deal, i also think that there’s got to be some discretion used by the victim, and it appears it was not used in this case..

Feedback Score
    If more thieves got shot there would be less stealing. You can't claim "all lives are precious" when we have on demand abortion and the death penalty. The crooks decide their life if worth your property when they attempt to steal it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    If more thieves got shot there would be less stealing. You can't claim "all lives are precious" when we have on demand abortion and the death penalty. The crooks decide their life if worth your property when they attempt to steal it.
    If they were shunned by the community and in the case of this 13 y/o punished at home there would be less theft.

I guarantee someone will raise money to help with the family's "medical bills" and if the girl had been arrested not shot, Moms would have been more pissed about the time and effort to pick her up at the jail than raising a thief. I know the feeling in the community is that leaving a car unlocked and running means he asked for his car to be stolen.

I would be shocked if they even prosecute the little bandit but guarantee they will the owner. Can't have a black man trying to protect his property with a gun, can we?

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Two Points,
    One; You left the car either running or with the key in the ignition. Dummy.

Two; If you value your life like I value my stuff, leave it alone. It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Now that more details have come out, I understand the charges. I can’t imagine leaving keys in a vehicle let alone running (I don’t do that at my own house out in the country), but I also don’t believe it would have gone this calmly if the theft victim was white either. I’d still like to see surveillance footage because I’m sure it’s already evidence.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast