Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fauci and Senator Paul. Someone's full of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I think Israel is probably the most vaccinated country in the world.

Here is the truth on the Delta wave.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...-people-674508

So 58% of those in the hospital had both jabs, an other 3% had one jab.

So the vaccination clearly doesn't work.

Now for validation of the above report, we can look to the USA and the UK. The report from the UK mirrors the Israeli article.

So the question must be asked is the USA government lying to the American people.
    From the article you referenced:
    “However, while the percentage of vaccinated cases was high, the percentage of those who require invasive treatment was low: Only three fully vaccinated people were being invasively ventilated.

Also, only two people were connected to an ECMO external oxygenation machine, and neither of them were vaccinated.”

So, perhaps the vaccine is helping in Israel, by reducing the severity of cases.

From an article in early July, in the New York Times:
    “And on Monday, Israel’s Ministry of Health announced that the effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 64 percent against all coronavirus infections, down from about 95 percent in May, before the Delta variant began its climb to near-total dominance in Israel.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/06/s...d-vaccine.html

So, clearly, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine isn’t as effective against the Delta variant as it was against the original Covid19 virus, but it appears to offer some protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    most over 50 and think it was like %70 were closer to the 80s cant remember exact numbers and something about pre existing conditions
    Pardon me if I don't use that as any kind of metric. Let me know when people under 50 of normal health start dropping dead. Not too concerned about nursing homes.

This is the same thing that happened last year that we were all complaining about. When the news listened a 27 year old covid death we're screaming why didn't you also mention he had cirrhosis of the liver, weighed 674 pounds, had bp of 250/180 and uncontrolled blood sugar?!?! . Of course he died! Well.....this is the same in reverse. 49 people died (but most happened to be over 70 and God knows what else they had)

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 07-23-21 at 07:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Their exchange reminded me of when Basketball players "fight" on the court..... Looks gay as hell.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Pardon me if I don't use that as any kind of metric. Let me know when people under 50 of normal health start dropping dead. Not too concerned about nursing homes.

This is the same thing that happened last year that we were all complaining about. When the news listened a 27 year old covid death we're screaming why didn't you also mention he had cirrhosis of the liver, weighed 674 pounds, had bp of 250/180 and uncontrolled blood sugar?!?! . Of course he died! Well.....this is the same in reverse. 49 people died (but most happened to be over 70 and God knows what else they had)
    Well, if that's the case, you've never had a thing to worry about, have you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Well, if that's the case, you've never had a thing to worry about, have you?
    I said sometime earlier that what you (we) need to do is have a good medical eval and know where you stand. Sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, stress test, blood work...etc. because a lot of health problems have no symptoms, or often do when it's too late and too far gone.

I'm sure you've noticed by now that covid has more effect on older and sick individuals. Know where you stand with your health then what are the statistics for your age group and try to narrow it down to your age because at a certain point the CDC lumps like 2 decades together even though health wise 60 is not the same as 80.

It's funny that everyone knows the statistics for a 20 something but not for their age group.

My dad is 67 he got vaccinated because with all his health issues and the closet full of meds he's safer with the vaccine than without. My mom is 2 years younger and has never had a prescription or any negative or concerning doctors visits or blood work so she chose not to get vaccinated.

So ho to the doctor, get a good thorough physical and checkup then get the numbers for your age group. If you don't trust them then simple do best case/worse case. See if you can find any articles about the condition of those who are in your age group and have died. The example I used of the 27 year old with cirrhosis was a real person I read about last year. Found an article that had 30 something deaths listed from one Florida hospital over an X period. Most of these people were under 40. Now that sounds pretty bad and concerning for me since it in my age group or slightly off. But the article went on to write what was known about each person at the time of death.
    So...
    27 year old male. Cirrhosis of the liver. 33 year old female. 430lbs, diabetic, hypertension. Most people were grossly overweight and had diabetes and or high blood pressure and many had other issues as well.

And on and on it went. Kinda puts things in perspective doesn't it?

I'm guessing you're my parents age. If so most of my parents friends, like 30 of them, have been sick with one hospitalization for a few days. Most are life long smokers, one had just completed chemo for stomach cancer. Most of the food they ate their entire lives was meat, fat and salt heavy with mild carbs (piece of bread with dinner, occasional potato, sometimes oatmeal) and mild to moderate physical activity. With the exception of the guy with cancer who is way overweight the rest are "normal". Aside from the one hospitalized everyone else rose it out at home with what they described as mild to shitty flu symptoms for several days. Except the cancer guy, he got over it in a day!!! Go figure

Last edited by Arik; 07-23-21 at 09:55.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I’ve been in a few discussions recently with people concerned that the COVID vaccinations don’t work because vaccinated people are testing positive.

Vaccinations are a running head start, not a protective bubble.

You could breathe in a Corona Virus at any time.
    It will reproduce.

If vaccinated, or if you previously had COVID, your body should quickly recognize the virus and create antibiodies such as T cells to stop it from reproducing.
    If unvaccinated or never infected, your body reacts slower.

How effective your body fights it off is dependent on
    - your overall health including pre existing immune system issues such as cancer or smoking.
    - how much the virus has mutated changing receptor shape.

People with weak immune systems, even with two shots, often cant make enough antibodies fast enough to stop the virus from reproducing.

The concern is the virus constantly mutates in every replication, RNA is very unstable.
    - so far the MRNA vaccines such as Pfizer & Moderna have been effective in training the body to recognize the different receptor forms of the virus.
    - The Chinese (adenovirus style) vaccine is apparently failing against the Delta variant as tragically occurring in Indonesia.
    ( note, some vaccine manufacturers such as Merck apparently couldn’t develop an effective vaccine).

Testing Positive for Corona virus requires:
    1. A swab to obtain viral material
    2. Converting the virus RNA to DNA
    3. Increasing the number of virus so it can be detected. Heat cycles are used, each cycle doubles the number.
    4. Fluorescence is used to determine the virus levels.

If the virus is detected in less than 38 doubling cycles you are positive.
    At 40 cycles you are negative
    38-40 is inconclusive.
    Obviously a test is only a snapshot in time.

The variant strains ( Delta, Lambda, etc ) can still be determined as positive or negative.
    Determining which strain requires advanced genome testing.

Everyday use masks don’t fully stop airborne COVID. Virus are much smaller than the fabric weave of a face mask.
    However masks do contain the spread of droplets.
    Most diseases including COVID are readily and easily spread by exhaled droplets.
    So wearing a mask has positive benefits, especially when other illnesses such as strep throat, colds are prevelant in the schools & workplace, it’s just not a guarantee.
    Thus if any airborne transmitted disease case counts go up significantly in an area you are exposed to, masks can be beneficial.

I highly recommend the book “The Great Influenza” by John Barry, about the Spanish Flu (H1N1) of 1918.
    Has easy to understand explanations of how Flu viruses affect the body and how they mutate.

SME, please correct my errors, especially simplified version on how testing works.
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 07-23-21 at 11:23. Reason: Revised wording based on feedback.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    Vaccinations are a running head start, not a suit of armor.

You could breathe in a Corona Virus at any time.
    It will reproduce.

If vaccinated, or if you previously had COVID, your body should quickly recognize it and create antibiodies such as T cells to fight it.
    If unvaccinated, your body will take longer to react and may be unable to prevail against the damage the virus causes. Healthy people with strong immune systems (98%) live.

How effective your body fights it off is dependent on
    - your overall health including pre existing immune system issues such as cancer or smoking.
    - how much the virus has mutated changing receptor shape.

The faster your body recognizes it and creates antibodies determines how sick you get.
    People with weak immune systems, even with two shots, often cant make enough antibodies fast enough, will test positive, and can die.

The concern is the virus constantly mutates in every replication, RNA is very unstable.
    - so far the MRNA vaccines such as Pfizer & Moderna have been effective in training the body to recognize the different receptor forms of the virus.
    - the Chinese adenovirus vaccines are failing against the Delta variant as tragically occurring in Indonesia.

Testing Positive for Corona virus requires:
    1. A swab to obtain viral material
    2. Converting the virus RNA to DNA
    3. Increasing the number of virus so it can be detected. Heat cycles are used, each cycle doubles the number.
    4. Fluorescence is used to detect the virus levels.

If the virus is detected in less than 38 doubling cycles you are positive.
    At 40 cycles and you are negative
    38-40 is inconclusive.
    Obviously a test is only a snapshot in time.

The variant strains ( Delta, Lambda) can still be determined as positive or negative.
    Determining which strain requires advanced genome testing.

Everyday use masks don’t stop airborne COVID. Virus are much smaller than the weave of a face mask.
    However masks do prevent the spread of droplets.
    Most diseases including COVID are readily and easily spread by exhaled droplets.
    So wearing a mask can have benefits, especially when other illnesses such as strep throat, colds are prevelant in the workplace, it’s just not a guarantee

SME, please correct my errors.
    The whole cycling standards for vaccinated vs unvaccinated thing gives me doubts and is very sketchy to me. SME's can explain why this is done...if there is an explanation to why.

https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com...oes-this-mean/

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    The whole cycling standards for vaccinated vs unvaccinated thing gives me doubts and is very sketchy to me. SME's can explain why this is done...if there is an explanation to why.

https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com...oes-this-mean/
    Agree fully. Healthy skepticism. Especially now that there is enough data to update the model of positive versus negative.

That’s why I asked for SME to correct me, I’m a layman on the topic of viral testing and associated standards.

I worked in an industry that had an advanced metrology department to calibrate very sophisticated instruments.
    Monitoring and measuring process was core business.

Learned a lot in my 34 year career about instrument uncertainty, calibration accuracy, and the ability to measure processes that are hard to detect.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    agree
    that was more the response to someone that asked

the other post was spot on also !

being in great shape is going to do more than anything IMHO

just posting for those thinking this jab is working miracles and is some great savior and its not !

many need to see or open eyes to the jab again is like the mom buying an all wheel drive and thinking she can drive the same on dry as ice now !

so yeah if you have pre-existing conditions that are known that is tough to change some
    BUT if you are obese etc... and YOUR LABS are crap (poor diet) then you are at risk DO SOMETHING get in shape you can control that !

OH SO AGREE on the younger and I get the response well he was in great shape and I ask did you have labs on the person ? and the well uh no but he was young ?

I do say with or without those dying would be taken out by the flu or a cold or other complications from something else that happens as we get in the upper years

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

Last edited by Honu; 07-23-21 at 14:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...taffers-video/

Reporter Challenges Psaki on Not Releasing Breakthrough Covid Cases Among White House Staffers

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-people-video/

sigh...“It’s Time to Start Blaming Unvaccinated Folks – Not the Regular Folks”
    Last edited by Artos; 07-23-21 at 16:52.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast