Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 550 Case Feeder from Double-Alpha-Academy.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

550 Case Feeder from Double-Alpha-Academy.

A buddy sent this to me today so I checked it out and jumped in. Ordered it Wed night so will see how long it takes. I'll report back once I have it up & running. Dillon 550 guys take note!!
    https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-550-mini-case-feeder

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got the email on this too. Definitely interested in what you think of it. Seems pretty fairly priced, I may just have to go for it.

Feedback Score
    Looks interesting but also appears you have to manually load the tubes with cases. I’m looking forward to reading about your experience with it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyB62 View Post
    Looks interesting but also appears you have to manually load the tubes with cases. I’m looking forward to reading about your experience with it.
    That would be a bummer. I grab 3 or 4 5.56 cases at a time in my right hand and manually feed my 550b while working the press arm too. It's a juggling act.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That would be a bummer. I grab 3 or 4 5.56 cases at a time in my right hand and manually feed my 550b while working the press arm too. It's a juggling act.
    Well as Awesome as Dillon stuff is I was never going to buy a (New) case feed, even at the old price, now there close to $400 bucks shipped and probably couldn't get one for another year anyways,LOL This seems like a viable substitute I guess @ a fair price. Its coming out of PA & they said its shipped so hopefully I'll get it for the weekend and get it setup !
    Just think markm, instead of waiting to put those cases in one at a time just keep dropping them down the the tube and keep it filled !! You know how Dillon's are, ya got to find your rhythm and things go smooth,,normally,LOL

Feedback Score
    double alphas video they showed they thought of this ahead of time and have a collator for the new feed tub stack and he filled up all tubes in 30 seconds

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    double alphas video they showed they thought of this ahead of time and have a collator for the new feed tub stack and he filled up all tubes in 30 seconds
    Right on, I bought the collator with the feeder! Yippie the case feed showed up today (Thursday) so I'll be getting it up and running this weekend for sure!! Updates will be coming!
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 08-01-21 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well guys I have the case feeder set up and running, (Kinda) All went well, pretty straightforward on assembly. BUT, unfortunately for me, I couldn't use my Dillon roller handle, it hits part of the feeder with the way it curved, I should have taken a pic I guess to better show it! I still have my original straight handle and once installed all was fine. One other issue and it's where I have it Setup not the machine's fault, the tube that holds the cases is too tall for my basement! The dam thing hit a floor joist, so I could cut the tube down which would suck and cut down on production, or I can move the Dillon a little this way or that way and it would be fine. So, with that said there is a short feed tube on the machine that holds like 3 or 4, 223 cases so I just kept dropping cases in the tube and I cycled about 50/60 cases through just to see how it ran & it ran perfectly. So, for now, that's as good as I can report at the moment, I'll tinker and see if & where I can move my Dillon and make room for the case-feed-tube and once I can really cycle and crank on it, I'll get back. Anyways so far it seems pretty cool and a decent setup, time will tell.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the write up. It sounds like it will work for you once you get it set up. I have your luck sometimes too when I try to get things to fit in my little gun room.E29722DB-3B32-4A8C-8026-CA45E56D4085.jpg

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Thanks for the write-up. It sounds like it will work for you once you get it set up. I have your luck sometimes too when I try to get things to fit in my little gun room.E29722DB-3B32-4A8C-8026-CA45E56D4085.jpg
    Ha,Ha,,,, mine almost looks like yours it's just I have low ceilings! I can stand up & walk around with no issues but have a few other items hanging around! I think it will be a fair-priced decent set-up that will speed things up a decent amount. Off to the loading room !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast