Thread: Holosun 503 or 515 on 12 ga semi-auto shotgun?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Holosun 503 or 515 on 12 ga semi-auto shotgun?

I'm thinking about using a Holosun 503 or 515 red dot on a semi-auto 12 ga shotgun. Anyone have experience with them in that particular use?

Or should I use the Easy button and just buy an Aimpoint?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I'm thinking about using a Holosun 503 or 515 red dot on a semi-auto 12 ga shotgun. Anyone have experience with them in that particular use?

Or should I use the Easy button and just buy an Aimpoint?
    No experience with one on a shotgun, but if you are meaning a traditional shotgun the Holosuns (as far as I know) come with either an AR height lower 1/3 or absolute mount. No spacer set up.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 07-23-21 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The plan is a Scalarworks SYNC mount for the Aimpoint Micro and using a Holosun 515 on a Benelli M4. We'll see how it comes together. If nothing else I can always swap it out for old reliable (Aimpoint).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    The plan is a Scalarworks SYNC mount for the Aimpoint Micro and using a Holosun 515 on a Benelli M4. We'll see how it comes together. If nothing else I can always swap it out for old reliable (Aimpoint).
    That should be a good set up then. I have a couple of 515CMs and like them. Everything works well and the glass flip covers are very nice.

6 of 1 & half dozen of the other on the solar/auto adjust feature. The solar panel will illuminate with a dead battery so long as there is sun or other light source. With a solar/auto adjust model(at least it is this way on the 515CM) the low end is a bit too low if standing in a dim area looking out in to a brightly lit area. You also get the circle dot only in solar/auto(at least with the 515cm) and the battery is loaded in to a tray secured by 2 T5 screws.

The non solar models have several years battery life and the battery is under a traditional screw cap on the side so I kind of lean toward that as a preference, but my local shop only had the CM type and at a good price.