Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback on the Eotech Vudu 1-8x

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looking for feedback on the Eotech Vudu 1-8x

So I have an opportunity to purchase one for a very reasonable price from a friend. Currently I'm using a Steiner p4xi on my 16" inch BCM 5.56 rifle. I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile now, but haven't really had the opportunity to pull the trigger on anything just yet. This rifle is pretty much just a range gun for right now. The only outdoor range I have access to within a 100 mile drive only goes out to 400 yards. The 1-8x eotech vudu seems like a great choice. I know their durable, tough optics, I had a bunch of time spent with them in the military. Just wanted to see if anybody here had any experiences with this particular optic. Please post it.. good or bad. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would stick with the Steiner if I were you. Better glass. 1-4 out to 400 is quite doable. A close friend ditched his 1-6 vudu (well he is trying to) because no one wants it because it’s just a meh scope.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm fairly new to LPVO's. Still learning a lot about them each day. I'm leaning more towards a SFP type of scope. The FFP scopes tend to get too busy and complicated for me. The reticle in the Vudu appears to be MOA based with some type of bcd built into it. But Eotech says it's not designated for any specific yardage. I guess you create that on your own with your own yardage and specific caliber loads. I don't have Razor Gen 3 money, so that's not an option. I just thought doubling my magnification would be a great pro.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thinking the vudu as a regular eotech with some zoom. But not done very well. Unless you’re shooting 12” plates at 400, the Steiner is a better scope. And if you are, work on your shooting. The Steiner will get that job done.

SFP is definitely where you want to be. If you really demand more magnification, look at the Viper PST Gen 2 1-6. After that you’re jumping into Razor 1-6 money for any scope that’s actually worth something.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The reticle on the eotech vudu 1-8x uses a very similar reticle to the razor 1-6x jm bdc reticle. The 1-6x ffp vudu scopes use the traditional Eotech 68 moa reticle. I appreciate all your advice and helpful info. Maybe I'll see if I can actually take it out and shoot it before I buy it. The 500 hr. Battery life seems appealing though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Screenshot_20210718-090504.jpg oh.. here's the reticle by the way. They call it their HC3 Reticle with a 0.5 moa dot in the center. Seems plenty daylight bright to me as well.

Feedback Score
    This is my main optic. It's brighter & lighter than the Trijicon 1-8x. It's SFP so it has a bright dot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Thinking the vudu as a regular eotech with some zoom. But not done very well. Unless you’re shooting 12” plates at 400, the Steiner is a better scope. And if you are, work on your shooting. The Steiner will get that job done.

SFP is definitely where you want to be. If you really demand more magnification, look at the Viper PST Gen 2 1-6. After that you’re jumping into Razor 1-6 money for any scope that’s actually worth something.
    I would say going from a Steiner to a Razor 1-6 would probably be the better way to go. Depending on who you ask, some view the Viper PST Gen II 1-6 as a slight downgrade to the Steiner 1-4.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    This is my main optic. It's brighter & lighter than the Trijicon 1-8x. It's SFP so it has a bright dot.
    Can't see anything bud, I think you forgot the pic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator76 View Post
    I would say going from a Steiner to a Razor 1-6 would probably be the better way to go. Depending on who you ask, some view the Viper PST Gen II 1-6 as a slight downgrade to the Steiner 1-4.
    I honestly wasn't super impressed with the Steiner. Don't get me wrong. It's an amazing scope. But the Viper PST is right there with it I feel. I feel like the Viper PST gives you more flexibility as well while shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast