Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A good critique on a coffee company and other institutions

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    That entire article was everything that I have come to expect form the liberal media. Nothing but trash. Everything was taken out of context and they are trying to divide anything that isn't their libtard BS point of view. Only thing they got right was Evan's name.

Total SH!T.........
    This ^^^ A pro 2A, pro LEO, pro Mil, pro America business owner gives an interview to the NYT in the hopes of highlighting veterans issues, (in specific those dealing with veteran amputees) The NYT then spins that interview out of context with the clear intent to stir the pot and sow division amongst the 2A crowd. Crazy that so many folks here on m4c now take the NYT at their word. Seems like y’all took the bait. Well played.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    ........ I know are locked into Iraq - Not Safe / US Safe, I can't begin to explain the excessive numbers of combat vets I know who would NEVER conceal carry back home because it needs to be their mental "safety zone" and they always ask me some variation of "Why the hell are you carrying a gun...we aren't in Iraq .......
    Kinda ironic since the major urban USA areas such as Chicago and Houston have a murder rate equal or exceeding Baghdad.

Media agenda bias targeting the unwary is as old as papyrus.
    Look how William Randolph Hurst instigated the Spanish American War or the Red Scare of the 1950s.
    Fail to learn history, doomed to repeat it.
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 07-24-21 at 01:34.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    This ^^^ A pro 2A, pro LEO, pro Mil, pro America business owner gives an interview to the NYT in the hopes of highlighting veterans issues, (in specific those dealing with veteran amputees) The NYT then spins that interview out of context with the clear intent to stir the pot and sow division amongst the 2A crowd. Crazy that so many folks here on m4c now take the NYT at their word. Seems like y’all took the bait. Well played.

Gee, I can't believe the New York Times would do something like that....Oh, wait....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_the_Holodomor

When you are a willing participant in the murder of millions I guess "ambushing" a couple of Bro Vets couldn't be reasonably forseen....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    A few points:

1) they chose to sit down with NY Times for the interview
    2) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC social media posts concerning Kyle Rittenhouse which certainly were not pro 2A
    3) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC employee political donations

They do seem to be pro mil/le. Their response to a US citizen defending other US citizens and business from the attack of a left wing mob casts some doubt on the pro 2A and pro business PR.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 07-24-21 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    A few points:

1) they chose to sit down with NY Times for the interview
    2) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC social media posts concerning Kyle Rittenhouse which certainly were not pro 2A
    3) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC employer political donations

They do seem to be pro mil/le. Their response to a US citizen defending other US citizens and business from the attack of a left wing mob casts some doubt on the pro 2A and pro business PR.
    Further...BRCC is a TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY......They don't have lawyers or "media people" or even competent staff to say, "Gee, this is the NY Times, widely known as Communist scum, We are a supposedly Pro 2a company...Maybe they would try to screw us, maybe we should insist on certain ground rules, taping etc..." ...Really, that never occurred to anyone? Who is getting fired?

It didn't because they are either stupid (but created a $200 mil company?) OR what they said is what they really believe and only the backlash got them defensive.

It's now a pattern. Choose,--stupidity or it's really who they are. I choose the latter.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Gee, I can't believe the New York Times would do something like that....Oh, wait....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_the_Holodomor

When you are a willing participant in the murder of millions I guess "ambushing" a couple of Bro Vets couldn't be reasonably forseen....
    I always think of that when people claim deception by the media is something new.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Further...BRCC is a TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY......They don't have lawyers or "media people" or even competent staff to say, "Gee, this is the NY Times, widely known as Communist scum, We are a supposedly Pro 2a company...Maybe they would try to screw us, maybe we should insist on certain ground rules, taping etc..." ...Really, that never occurred to anyone? Who is getting fired?

It didn't because they are either stupid (but created a $200 mil company?) OR what they said is what they really believe and only the backlash got them defensive.

It's now a pattern. Choose,--stupidity or it's really who they are. I choose the latter.
    This. Esq is rarely wrong...

Andy

Feedback Score
    Yeah I tried to get on the BRCC train after they first came on the scene. Thought the coffee was drinkable and thought their antics were amusing. I think they grew too big too fast though and I stopped buying from them long before their troubles from the past year. Coffee arriving late, poor customer service, and as others have said iffy roast from bag to bag of coffee.

It seems to me they tried and successfully tapped into a market, but it looks as if their true colors have come to the surface recently.

If I remember correctly I think Matt Best was a member on this forum at one time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Go look at the FEC filings...Several of their exec level employees donated to Democrats during the 2019-2020 period:
    Ayse Altunisik - Media Manager - Multiple donations to ActBlue
    Donna NG - Copy Editor / Writer - $500 to Biden
    Chris Omer - VP of Information Technology - Multiple donations to ActBlue
    David Rhee - Senior Financial Analyst - Multiple donations to ActBlue
    Evan Hafer - CEO - $500 to Tulsi Aloha

Now granted, these are small donations, but still not how you'd expect the execs of a company that markets itself as Pro-2A to be behaving. Also, there are quite a few donations by BRCC employees to Repubs, but the above listed execs ONLY donated to dems.

Anyway, it's more proof that something isn't right at BRCC.

You can get the FEC data yourself here:
    FEC contributions from BRCC employees, 2019-2020

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Also, I haven't bought anything from BRCC in years, but I woke up this morning to a "Join our awesome coffee club!" email out of the blue. If they're scraping their email lists trying to recruit back people who haven't been a customer in 5+ years, then this is definitely hurting them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast