Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A good critique on a coffee company and other institutions

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I just read the article again as well as using the search function and didn't see any mention of the Romanian origin cross. The article specifically mentions the image of St. Michael fighting demons as being the issue.

And there is the opposition to Rittenhouse willing to risk his life to protect others.
    You are right, I am wrong.
    I read the paragraph and thought” iconic symbol” referred to the white supremist symbol St Michael Cross (tic-tac-toe) versus the painting of the Angel Michael described in Revelations.

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

My thoughts on Rittenhouse are mixed, mostly emotive, based on what I read in MSM- which I believe to be biased against him.
    I realize I have very few facts so reserve sharing an opinion.
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 07-23-21 at 11:38.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Don't know what his actual opinions are. A lot of his shtick is almost a caricature of a pro America vet. Not my concern really. I never put him on a pedestal. Can't say I think he's a villain either. Just some dude doing his thing, now that thing could be in danger and he's trying to duck and cover. I don't buy his coffee or not buy his coffee over that shit. I can't say I make a patriotic conservative choice, I get my damn coffee at Costco. They are pretty lib, but there are just things I get there that I don't want to have to find replacement suppliers for.
    ^^^THIS. I have bigger problems in my life than Evan Hafer's opinions or his coffee. My local gun shop started carrying BRC maybe 3-4 years ago and I would buy a bag or get one thrown in with a purchase and I genuinely thought it was decent coffee. I appreciated his stance on hiring veterans as I have tried to explain my prior service in the corporate world and how it applies to the job I was interviewing at only to get blank stares in my direction. I really hope he does go on to hire a good amount of veterans, but I just think that there has been a culture of idolizing people in our community. I have taken a class where I have learned a very valuable lesson from former LEO only for another classmate to tell me that he learned something different from a class with Navy Seal Delta Recon Ranger 6, and that same guy had his $2.5 AR fail in a class. I think we do have a subculture in and around the military and firearms (M4Carbine.net...) and that can be a good thing to educate people to a different perspective, but the idolization and looking for people to lead this movement is something that I would caution against.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 07-23-21 at 09:58.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've always looked at BRCCs marketing as targeting the Boomers who post Sam Elliott memes on Facebook with take that libtard tough guy quotes, and young people who don't know what a good cup of coffee tastes like.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I tried to support these guys after their dust-up with Starbucks a couple years back. Subscribed to their youtube channels and podcast and bought a bunch of their coffee. But I was very quickly put off by their abrasive drunken frat-boy personalities. I didn't have any use for that shit in college and I certainly don't now.

Also, their coffee was mediocre quality at best and very inconsistently roasted. I had two bags of silencer whatever in my order...One was reasonably light roasted but the other was way past french roast...Like burned little charcoals. Anyway, the majority of that order got spread on my grass, I went back to the decent local stuff I was buying before, dumped their nonsense social media, and went on with my life.

Feedback Score
    kinda like bose better sound through marketing

their coffee is crap about the same as charbucks crap
    think of the gun world and people thinking their crap is the best stuff ever

one has to be into coffee maybe to realize ? but to most into coffee they are a joke kinda shows even conservatives and the like will follow the leader types blindly !
    Last edited by Honu; 07-23-21 at 14:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Said it before (and got flack for it) Hafer et al are Second Amendment Poseurs.

I don't give a shit what they did in the military etc (Which is kinda funny- really, this is our "best?"-- Guy was a CIA Spooky Contractor etc...Well, his tradecraft is SHIT because he got "ambushed" by a Newspaper that my F'ing dog knows is a Communist shit wiping rag)...just because you have guns as a logo doesn't make you "right" on the Second Amendment. F those guys.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Was at a match where they were one of the sponsors. Got a free bag of coffee. It was drinkable. Tried one of the free cold brews as well. It was pretty stout/strong and I had to dump it out before my eyes started twitching.

I know that at least one of the rep's competed and placed. Seemed like a good group of people. Maybe they should be in charge.

Feedback Score
    Only ever had their coffee at one of Will's classes. Like a lot of coffee these days, I'm sure it's fine if you are mixing in a ton of stuff into it. I drink black, coffee flavored coffee.i ain't no connoisseur, just like what I like. And BRCC wasn't it. I can't help but wonder if they are connected to the Bad Ass coffee co, also out of SLC, that I did like.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Never had their coffee, know a little about this story, but didn't much care. Sounds like the moral of the story is "don't give interviews to leftist media" and watch what the heck you say...everyone is listening, and ready for war.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Never had their coffee, know a little about this story, but didn't much care. Sounds like the moral of the story is "don't give interviews to leftist media" and watch what the heck you say...everyone is listening, and ready for war.
    The interview is the latest thing. Before that it was comments making sure everyone knew they didn't support Rittenhouse(whose real life act doesn't seem out of place compared to BRCC advertising) and those comments apparently got someone's curiosity up on checking campaign donations which didn't seem to go where BRCC advertising would make most people think it would.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 07-23-21 at 16:23.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast