Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which optic for beretta 1301???

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anyone have experience with Holosun 507C. Circle dot reticle seems to make sense for shotgun. Am I giving up alot by picking it over an RMR?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    IMO no. There’s the made in China issue, but Holosun is way ahead of the RMR in terms of features; Solar back up, 3 reticle to choose from, battery change without removing optic.
    They are arguably perhaps, a “duty grade” optic.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    IMO no. There’s the made in China issue, but Holosun is way ahead of the RMR in terms of features; Solar back up, 3 reticle to choose from, battery change without removing optic.
    They are arguably perhaps, a “duty grade” optic.
    Yeah the China part is really what stops me from buying one everytime. I know alot of people dont care that they are made in china but when i see that printed on something i immediately think... JUNK. I always hear positive things about them though

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Anyone have experience with Holosun 507C. Circle dot reticle seems to make sense for shotgun. Am I giving up alot by picking it over an RMR?

I had a Holosun HE510C green dot, and I absolutely loved it. It was very bright and the battery lasts forever. The only reason that I sold it was to get an LVPO. If I ever went back to strictly a red/green dot, I would get that optic again in a heartbeat. I can't say how it compares to an Aimpoint or a brand like that, but I personally felt it was a very good optic and that you won't go wrong with it.

Feedback Score
    Nothing against any of the other optics mentioned but if the Aimpoint is an option, I’d go that route. It’s a proven heavy duty optic. I have one on my 1301. You might want a cheek riser with any optic. The CROM is a really nice setup with an aimpoint and its actually fun to shoot slugs with it.
    Last edited by JimmyB62; 07-27-21 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    I’m probably the outlier here, but in shotguns I prefer just running ghost sights. I find, for me, target acquisition is faster with a ghost ring than with a red dot or anything I would mount on a rifle.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooter76 View Post
    I’m probably the outlier here, but in shotguns I prefer just running ghost sights. I find, for me, target acquisition is faster with a ghost ring than with a red dot or anything I would mount on a rifle.
    I was thinking the same thing. The sights that come with the !301 Tactical also have Tritium.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    It's time for me to get a Gen 2 1301.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooter76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The sights that come with the !301 Tactical also have Tritium.
    It's not just me then. I'm really tempted to just order the Langdon Tactical package and leave the factory ghost rings and rail on it. Ghost rings were always enough for me shooting 3-gun. If I need a red dot to shoot past 25 yards with, odds are I will not be using a shotgun. Even then, I've shot slugs at 100 yards with iron sights just fine.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Yeah the China part is really what stops me from buying one everytime. I know alot of people dont care that they are made in china but when i see that printed on something i immediately think... JUNK. I always hear positive things about them though

If you want to buy USA, then cool but if quality is your concern, buy buy away with Holosun. Their shit is top shelf. I have RMR’s, SRO’s and Older Holoson and have never had issues. Their gear has gotten so good, it’s not that much cheaper, but it still runs with the big boys.

Gaijan turned me on years ago and he didn’t disappoint.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    If you want to buy USA, then cool but if quality is your concern, buy buy away with Holosun. Their shit is top shelf. I have RMR’s, SRO’s and Older Holoson and have never had issues. Their gear has gotten so good, it’s not that much cheaper, but it still runs with the big boys.

Gaijan turned me on years ago and he didn’t disappoint.

PB
    I keep going back to something MRGuns&Gear said awhile back, about Mr. Holosun having dual U.S./China citizenship & was considering/talking about opening up a factry here in the States. That would be awesome.
    As to optics on a shotgun..I just cant see it...except MAYBE for a dedicated slug gun. Just a nice Big Dot on the front of mine is really good. But, I want everyone to do what THEY like.
    I just dont see a need for optics on a shotgun. Yall can POLITELY explain how Im wrong.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast