Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which optic for beretta 1301???

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I keep going back to something MRGuns&Gear said awhile back, about Mr. Holosun having dual U.S./China citizenship & was considering/talking about opening up a factry here in the States. That would be awesome.
    As to optics on a shotgun..I just cant see it...except MAYBE for a dedicated slug gun. Just a nice Big Dot on the front of mine is really good. But, I want everyone to do what THEY like.
    I just dont see a need for optics on a shotgun. Yall can POLITELY explain how Im wrong.
    I agreed.... until I tried one with an RMR

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I run RMRs on pistols, but the battery thing makes me choose other options for long guns. Micro on QD mount would be my choice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    I agreed.... until I tried one with an RMR

Can you describe the difference? Ill listen...I absolutely concede I could be wrong.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Can you describe the difference? Ill listen...I absolutely concede I could be wrong.
    I've shot many thousands of shotgun rounds without an optic over the past 25 years (mostly waterfowl and upland game hunting, and clays, etc), but i run a red dot on my 1301 Tactical and definitely prefer it.

A bead is fine, but I find that i'm slightly quicker and definitely more accurate with a red dot, especially when i get past 5 yards. I also feel like a have a better field of view when looking through a red dot vs aiming tight down the barrel, which gives me a better view of my target and surroundings. Not to mention red dots always beat iron sights/dots in no/low light environments.

At the end of the day though, it's all personal preference. Do what works best for you for your situation.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i've tried an rmr , aimpoint t2 , and an eotech

the eotech is still on my shotgun , it's hard to beat that big window and reticle for cqb to 100

1x optics are just faster than iron sights , whether it's a handgun or a rifle or a shotgun

Feedback Score
    Is the stock rail on the receiver too high to add an optic practically? I could care less if it co-witnesses with the ghost rings as it will have a quick release IF I decide to put one on at some point.

I have an extra Vortex laying around and "may" try this out. You have me warming up to the idea.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Is the stock rail on the receiver too high to add an optic practically? I could care less if it co-witnesses with the ghost rings as it will have a quick release IF I decide to put one on at some point.

I have an extra Vortex laying around and "may" try this out. You have me warming up to the idea.
    I found that cheek weld suffers with an optic and the stock rail.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcraigster View Post
    Anyone have experience with Holosun 507C. Circle dot reticle seems to make sense for shotgun. Am I giving up alot by picking it over an RMR?

I'm thinking the same thing. I think the reticle would be good for a shotgun but I have RMRs on eveything else. I don't really care about the price difference. Would love to hear from somebody that has run this on a Beretta for a while.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I run the ACSS Holosun on an MP5. It’s fantastic because it allows for precise BDC out to 200.
    I believe it would be just as good on a shotgun, using a load that approximates the pattern size corresponding to the circle.
    To me, there’s no substitute for an RMR on a handgun, but on everything else, the battery hassle isn’t worth it IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post

I'm running a Vortex Venom red dot on the factory 1301 tactical rail, since the Aridus CROM is out of stock, and it has worked great for me. But i also have the 1301 Tactical LE model, which has the Mesa Tactical pistol grip stock, so i have a cheek riser. That setup may be a little too high with a normal stock.
    Last edited by B Cart; 08-10-21 at 12:26.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast