Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First World Problems: What New AR for me?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    Honest question, no snark or smart ass coming from me, I just would like your point of view.

I don't have a KAC Rifle, I do have what is considered a "Gucci" AR anyway, what does your KAC do that another AR cant? or wont?
    The Mod 2 gas system is simply awesome! No 'gas in the face' and how they got it so perfectly balanced between shooting with and without my can. I also don't notice any 'port noise'. When I shoot it, the crosshairs in my ACOG basically don't move.

Then there is the dynamics with movement. Transitions between moving targets are very smooth yet steady. Balance with my LPR rifle is simply awesome for myself.

Whether I need the E3 bolt is an open question but, it works well and has technical advantages that may be best in a full-auto high round count rifle but, I like it and have no complaints.

Overall, the entire package is excellent. With good ammo, it will shoot inside the ACOG cross hair adjustments. My friend shooting for Distinguished Rifle ended up with 4 groups perfectly centered around the X as he tweaked the adjustments.

There are other great GUCCI rifles which I am sure are awesome but, I haven't shot them so I can't say if this mediocre rifleman would rise to the same level with one or not. For myself, this rifle simply works awesome "in my hands" and I end up with more dead predators than I did with my other rifles each time I go out.

Hitting a dog at full speed at the top of the bound and having the body totally collapse before the paws the ground makes me happy as I hate spinners and want as little suffering as possible. The last one was a shot through an open mouth, the front went limp, and the rear came over the top in a pile - simply impressive.

What is your GUCCI rifle like? Is it a target or game gun or, does it protect livestock like mine?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I accidentally saw the price on a KAC SR-15 while on a Google search.

I realized that maybe that braced APC9k Pro isn’t so expensive after all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ~$2500 is a bit spendy. However it has proven to be a good value to me.

The HK MP-5L I just bought was $3K with tax. I was tempted by the B&T but, the MP-5 is such a joy to shoot, I just couldn't see an APC being a better option.

Now, do I form 1 it or send it off for an SD conversion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    The Mod 2 gas system is simply awesome! No 'gas in the face' and how they got it so perfectly balanced between shooting with and without my can. I also don't notice any 'port noise'. When I shoot it, the crosshairs in my ACOG basically don't move.

Then there is the dynamics with movement. Transitions between moving targets are very smooth yet steady. Balance with my LPR rifle is simply awesome for myself.

Whether I need the E3 bolt is an open question but, it works well and has technical advantages that may be best in a full-auto high round count rifle but, I like it and have no complaints.

Overall, the entire package is excellent. With good ammo, it will shoot inside the ACOG cross hair adjustments. My friend shooting for Distinguished Rifle ended up with 4 groups perfectly centered around the X as he tweaked the adjustments.

There are other great GUCCI rifles which I am sure are awesome but, I haven't shot them so I can't say if this mediocre rifleman would rise to the same level with one or not. For myself, this rifle simply works awesome "in my hands" and I end up with more dead predators than I did with my other rifles each time I go out.

Hitting a dog at full speed at the top of the bound and having the body totally collapse before the paws the ground makes me happy as I hate spinners and want as little suffering as possible. The last one was a shot through an open mouth, the front went limp, and the rear came over the top in a pile - simply impressive.

What is your GUCCI rifle like? Is it a target or game gun or, does it protect livestock like mine?

AWESOME! that sounds like a badass AR.

I reckon you can say its "Gucci" I have a Radian Model 1. It is sounds very similar to your KAC and what I mean by that is how well it shoots and handles, very smooth and flat shooting. I have other AR's but nothing like this one, I would love to get a second one but to be honest I cant run this thing to 65% of what I feel it can do, I am a middle of the pack shooter at speed so to be honest I probably ain't running my regular ole AR's to 70% to 75% of there capability. I am always practicing and learning so one day maybe 🤣

I have never shot a KAC and that was the reason I asked about how she runs compared to others. I have taken my Mod 1 to a 3 day Carbine Class and I probably shoot it, at least 2 times a month, I shoot my other Carbines a bunch tho. I'm blessed with a range behind my house and my Daughter, Girlfriend, and myself go shooting a bunch. I haven't taken it hunting yet which makes me sad, I need to fix that. 🤣 Also my best friend has a farm we shoot at where we do a pretty good job of turning it into a small 2 & 3 gun range. Well about once a month during the Fall and Winter about 12 to as many as 25 of us friends and family get together and practice what we have learned in Classes, that has helped me a bunch.

I have another little Carbine I use for Home Defense tho. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Spooky1; 08-02-21 at 06:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    AWESOME! that sounds like a badass AR.

I reckon you can say its "Gucci" I have a Radian Model 1. It is sounds very similar to your KAC and what I mean by that is how well it shoots and handles, very smooth and flat shooting. I have other AR's but nothing like this one, I would love to get a second one but to be honest I cant run this thing to 65% of what I feel it can do, I am a middle of the pack shooter at speed so to be honest I probably ain't running my regular ole AR's to 70% to 75% of there capability. I am always practicing and learning so one day maybe ��

I have never shot a KAC and that was the reason I asked about how she runs compared to others. I have taken my Mod 1 to a 3 day Carbine Class and I probably shoot it, at least 2 times a month, I shoot my other Carbines a bunch tho. I'm blessed with a range behind my house and my Daughter, Girlfriend, and myself go shooting a bunch. I haven't taken it hunting yet which makes me sad, I need to fix that. �� Also my best friend has a farm we shoot at where we do a pretty good job of turning it into a small 2 & 3 gun range. Well about once a month during the Fall and Winter about 12 to as many as 25 of us friends and family get together and practice what we have learned in Classes, that has helped me a bunch.

I have another little Carbine I use for Home Defense tho. Thanks for the info.
    The Radian is one I considered a lot. You definitely have a "real honey" of a rifle there. The Radian has more "Polish" in my option for the Gucci factor than KAC. For hard use, I think the KAC edges it out. With that, it likely weighs a bit more than others but, if it gets knocked about I don't have to worry about it holding zero or losing parts which I valued as life on my farm and ranch is a tough one.
    Last edited by Sid Post; 08-03-21 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Radian is one I considered a lot. You definitely have a "real honey" of a rifle there. The Radian has more "Polish" in my option for the Gucci factor than KAC. For hard use, I think the KAC edges it out. With that, it likely weighs a bit more than others but, if it gets knocked about I don't have to worry about it holding zero or losing parts which I valued as life on my farm and ranch is a tough one.
    That is what I think about a bit also is how light the Rail feels, like if I was to put some sort of IR laser on it and really beat on it would it hold? I honestly don't know and I will more than likely never find out. The only thing I have attached to the Rail is a Light, Forward Grip and Magpul Pro's. I really want to shoot a KAC tho, seems to be built to handle anything as sturdy as it looks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Too bad we are so far away from each other. I'd love to swap rifles for a mag or two.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You may be covered with all niches, but my favorite thing to shoot these days is my Ruger American Ranch bolt gun in 7.62X39 with a 1-4X scope. It's inexpensive along with the tonnage of that caliber in steel case from the last 2 decade in my house. It's also a tack driver, easily MOA offhand with old Wolf ammo, so rifle is probably < MOA with a better shooter and better ammo.

The fun comes from >100 steel shorts almost artillery style with easy steel hits at 200-300, tougher but close with a 5' drop at 400. Been learning how to use a kestrel again, just fun and inexpensive, getting outside and shooting without worry over ammo/gun prices.

Back to the question, someone has to make an AR upper that's inexpensive and runs 7.62X39, so I would recommend that.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 08-06-21 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Too bad we are so far away from each other. I'd love to swap rifles for a mag or two.
    Tell me about it, that would be awesome.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234