Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First World Problems: What New AR for me?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    I put a Law Tactical folder on it, now it fits perfectly in a sling bag...
    It'd be alright changed to a 7.5" or so 300 BLK barrel.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Suppressor, yes!! The omega 36M is fantastic.
    It does everything all of my cans do in one.

Feedback Score
    If you shoot the Colt a lot, consider picking up a 6920 and rail as a backup. Don't sell your others, consider replacing 7" with 11.5"+ barrel. Buy some decent lights for the Colts. And consider Stickman's recommendations for battle rattle. I recommend 2-3 identical carbines for triple redundancy. Also replace springs with sprinco springs, and buy 3x mags for each carbine. 4 on your carrier buy 12 mags. Mags are reasonable stock up if you can, now is the time. Magpul are the best for ROI and reliability.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    Seems you are need of a signature piece. I'd offload something to increase my budget for a KAC, SOLGW or a Triarc complete rifle. Or at least one of their uppers and go your own way with a lower.

Old classics are tempting, though.

My $.02
    If I bought my KAC SR-15 LPR first, I wouldn't own the others I do today. I might have shot one of them after buying my KAC LPR but, I don't remember doing so clearly. I can do stuff with my KAC rifle I never was able to do with my other AR-15's.

An SR-15 will run around $2500 today so, I'd sell one of your other rifles to add to your current budget and I wouldn't look back or think about other options if it were me knowing what I do today. A 16" Mod 2 SR-15 or an 18" Mod 2 SR-15 LPR both would be awesome choices.
    Last edited by Sid Post; 07-31-21 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    If I bought my KAC SR-15 LPR first, I wouldn't own the others I do today. I might have shot one of them after buying my KAC LPR but, I don't remember doing so clearly. I can do stuff with my KAC rifle I never was able to do with my other AR-15's.

An SR-15 will run around $2500 today so, I'd sell one of your other rifles to add to your current budget and I wouldn't look back or think about other options if it were me knowing what I do today. A 16" Mod 2 SR-15 or an 18" Mod 2 SR-15 LPR both would be awesome choices.
    Honest question, no snark or smart ass coming from me, I just would like your point of view.

I don't have a KAC Rifle, I do have what is considered a "Gucci" AR anyway, what does your KAC do that another AR cant? or wont?
    Last edited by Spooky1; 07-31-21 at 10:08.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Excellent advice and ideas on this thread.
    Getting a 11.5” or 12.5” 5.56 barrel for the Stag would be my first priority.
    Selling the Anderson and getting another Colt or quality rifle would be next in line.

Feedback Score
    I'd purchase a DD or LWRC 10.5" AR pistol just because....

Feedback Score
    Could always get some medical training with the kit to support it in case of reality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    Could always get some medical training with the kit to support it in case of reality.
    I’m certified in Tactical Emergency Casualty Care and a Stop the Bleed instructor.

My department won’t indemnify anything more advanced.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    I’m certified in Tactical Emergency Casualty Care and a Stop the Bleed instructor.

My department won’t indemnify anything more advanced.
    Excellent!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast