Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mini 14 - Ejected cartridge casing necks warped. WTF?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    That looks just like the stock on my AC556F. I wonder why they don’t make a black version. I’d love to put one on my Mini 30.

BTW, my AC556F runs 5.56x45 and 223Rem. Even the weakest Russian steel cased ammunition cycles without issue.
    It's the same stock. Same tools. Quicker to order it from Rugers web site but will still take a couple months. Very high quality peice.

Made for mini 14 and 10/22.
    Not available in blue. However some people have had theirs cerecoated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I shot a friend's Mini-14 this morning using American Eagle 55g FMJ # AE223. The spent brass was in great condition. It looked like I used a bullet puller to remove the projectiles. The serial number on the Mini-14 is 186-XXXXX. I had zero malfunctions.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I shot a friend's Mini-14 this morning using American Eagle 55g FMJ # AE223. The spent brass was in great condition. It looked like I used a bullet puller to remove the projectiles. The serial number on the Mini-14 is 186-XXXXX. I had zero malfunctions.
    Yeah, another 1980's made mini. Before they changed ejection angle to be more "optic friendly" and made the brass bounce off the op rod. Bet that brass flew nice.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Yeah, another 1980's made mini. Before they changed ejection angle to be more "optic friendly" and made the brass bounce off the op rod. Bet that brass flew nice.
    The Mini-14 had a S&K scope mount with red dot mounted on it. The brass landed 8' away from the firing point in an area between 2 O'clock and 3 O'clock.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I'll be down in AZ this week for work. I'll have to grab my mini and take it out just for my own curiosity. It's been years since I shot it. I recall it throwing brass like a pigeon launcher but maybe I'm overstating it.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123