Thread: Tromix vs KVP Linera Comp

Feedback Score

Tromix vs KVP Linera Comp

On a 300blk 8" that cycles std and subs just fine, would you choose the Tromix 308 or the KVP Magnum ?

I would also like to hear pros-cons for using an aluminum LC (less weight) if the firearm is not firing all that often.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Aluminum in No Bueno for parts exposed to hot gas jets.

This includes gas blocks and muzzle devices.

May we suggest a Covert Comp 762?

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I never understood why someone builds a short barreled rifle and screws a 3" muzzle device on it to calm it down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I never understood why someone builds a short barreled rifle and screws a 3" muzzle device on it to calm it down.
    ??
    If a small muzzle device (which there's usually one of some type) helps keep gas and sound out of your face, then why not use it.
    I use LC's on 16" bbl's too.

I cannot find any good testing of the various items. YHM has a QD set where the QD part is like a brake, and then you can twist on a LC can. Nice thing about this setup is that the QD will accept their suppressor.

With the YHM item, with LC can on, does the brake inside actually do some braking to knock down recoil any? The brake will brake when gas makes the 1st 90deg turn, but then has to make another 90deg turn to get out. The 1st 90 turn pushes brake fwd, but the 2nd 90 the gas has to push off the back of the can, hence pushes backward. I just not 100% on what the net force would be.

I always wanted to try the YHM QD 2pc, so maybe I go that route.
    Last edited by DwayneZ; 07-25-21 at 11:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the advice based on practical experience-
    A)If you're gonna use a suppressor, you don't need any other muzzle device because it won't take long before you discover switching between shooting suppressed and unsuppressed isn't worth the effort. You're gonna just shoot suppressed.
    B)If an over sized muzzle device isn't a suppressor, it's not worth it. Get something smaller & lighter that'll do the same job.

I have nothing to do with BRT or Clint. In my experience, the BRT Linear Comp works. It's about the same size and weight as an A2 and is a good value for the money. It will keep the gas out of your face and has almost zero side blast. If the BRT won't work because you're gonna use a suppressor, see A)

PS- Blessed Mother of All Kittens!-
    -The YHM diverter weighs 4 oz.
    -The Tromix 308 weighs 8 oz.
    -The KVP Magnum weighs 6.6 oz.

The BRT Covert Comp weighs 2.25 oz and does the same job.

My suppressor with direct thread adaptor weighs about 12 oz.

A Rex Silentium weighs about the same and can be had for under $500
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-27-21 at 12:22.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Which barrel is this?

Feedback Score
    TY for the info.
    Here's the skinny. The YHM set is nice, but the can (be it a supe of just a blast can) wont clear BCM handguard. The muzzle end is just a smidge behind front of guard.

The attraction to YHM set is the QD feature. Non-QD means I need to attach it before handguard goes on. In essence, the setup is a bit of a pita in some regards.

The CC762 appears to be an option to try. When I get it all tested will post back my review.

But I have to ask, does the CC762 require the washers? Other cans like this suggest use of the washers only if you wish to time the piece. With CC762 do I really care how it's timed. Is there some other reason the CC762 would need the washer(s)?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Washers are not required for the Covert Comp 7.62.

The inside the symmetrical, so timing is not required.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62