Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: C*ck Blocked at the Gun Store

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    The Glock BL program has worked out well for me as a customer, but I’ve bought every BL gun from GT Distributors in Austin. I’ve bought over 20 Glocks over the years, and two were NOT BL guns.

I can see how it’s frustrating for other folks. I didn’t ask for the program, but when I learned about it, I use it. No different than any other military discounts I get from other companies. A lack of a military discounts doesn’t stop me from buying from anyone, but if offered, I’ll use it. Lowe’s and Home Depot also offer one and I use it.

Folks making $000,000 salaries aren’t looking to be LEO’s, prison guards, EMT’s, or GI’s. But they sure can have issues with a $50 discount or a few extra guns set aside for those who do those things.

I don’t know the allocation ratio between Red and Blue label guns to dealers, but I do know there are a heck of a lot more places to buy red labels than blue labels. If you can’t find a gun you can buy at an authorized BL dealer, head to Cabelas/Academy/Bass Pro/Interwebs.

Not trying to be an ass or disrespect anyone, just how I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude....the problem people have isn't with the discount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    The Glock BL program has worked out well for me as a customer, but I’ve bought every BL gun from GT Distributors in Austin. I’ve bought over 20 Glocks over the years, and two were NOT BL guns.

I can see how it’s frustrating for other folks. I didn’t ask for the program, but when I learned about it, I use it. No different than any other military discounts I get from other companies. A lack of a military discounts doesn’t stop me from buying from anyone, but if offered, I’ll use it. Lowe’s and Home Depot also offer one and I use it.

Folks making $000,000 salaries aren’t looking to be LEO’s, prison guards, EMT’s, or GI’s. But they sure can have issues with a $50 discount or a few extra guns set aside for those who do those things.

I don’t know the allocation ratio between Red and Blue label guns to dealers, but I do know there are a heck of a lot more places to buy red labels than blue labels. If you can’t find a gun you can buy at an authorized BL dealer, head to Cabelas/Academy/Bass Pro/Interwebs.

Not trying to be an ass or disrespect anyone, just how I see it.

Art Acevedo, Ed Flynn, all the way down to their new hire clones that want to ban private firearms ownership and harass firearms owners getting rewarded by the industry they seek to destroy is the issue.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Dude....the problem people have isn't with the discount.
    I will admit that I've never thought about the logistics of this from a non-BL customer's perspective before.

I can understand the frustration with not being able to purchase a firearm that is physically in front of you. I'm wondering why Glock use their method vs. simply allowing qualified buyers to purchase from a dealers' inventory at the Blue Label pricing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I will admit that I've never thought about the logistics of this from a non-BL customer's perspective before.

I can understand the frustration with not being able to purchase a firearm that is physically in front of you. I'm wondering why Glock use their method vs. simply allowing qualified buyers to purchase from a dealers' inventory at the Blue Label pricing.
    Because they really don't value the demographic that constitute the majority of their sales?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

It’s probably an inventory/accounting process.

And not all BL dealers sell for the same price..the large distributors sell a base level G19 for $398 and the LGS who are allocated BL guns sell same gun for $425.

How many BL dealers are there? Most places that sell Glocks are NOT BL dealers.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678