Thread: The story of my 870 that was stolen in a burglary and returned nearly 6 years later.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

The story of my 870 that was stolen in a burglary and returned nearly 6 years later.

Hey guys,

Here is a little video I did about my 870 Police that was stolen 5 years ago. Most of it is just funny to me, but there was a lot of silly stuff that went on after the burglary. The gun is back now, and I am considering sending it to Vang comp. The cops called me about 3 months ago reporting it was recovered during an arrest. So here is the story plus the first shots out of the gun after it's return....

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I used to work in an area with lots of vacation cabins, and consequently lots of reported cold burglaries. Most cold burglaries never get solved... there's just never any evidence to indicate a susect and often they are months old. I has people report a break-in to a property they hadn't visited in five years.

One cabin had a gun safe, the burglars broke into it and stole 6 guns.

Two years later, out of the blue I get a call from Denver PD. One of the guns turned up in a pawnshop there.

We were able to solve the whole thing, and then several other cold burgs in the area, based on finding that one gun... an H&R single-shot 20g or something stupid like that somebody pawned for $50.

Strange things happen sometimes.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 07-27-21 at 03:11.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    I know I’m past my expiration date now but why wouldn’t LE respond to a burglary in progress if the homeowner isn’t present? The complainant is an officer of the court and seems pretty reliable to me. (Yeah, I know it’s just a two minute video but when you spend your entire adult life sizing people up in the first five seconds I believe the guy...)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    I know I’m past my expiration date now but why wouldn’t LE respond to a burglary in progress if the homeowner isn’t present? The complainant is an officer of the court and seems pretty reliable to me. (Yeah, I know it’s just a two minute video but when you spend your entire adult life sizing people up in the first five seconds I believe the guy...)
    Burg in progress with no victim present is a low priority call. No life is in danger.

There are places in this country where an in progress assault w/ deadly weapon takes 30+ minutes.

…and this was six years ago, but even before the current stupidity, many departments tried to avoid a potentially violent encounter over property.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 07-27-21 at 07:26.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    Gotcha. I left the big city 30+ years ago and served as a Trooper and a Police Officer in and around smaller (and more conservative) towns. It’s good to be retired...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    Gotcha. I left the big city 30+ years ago and served as a Trooper and a Police Officer in and around smaller (and more conservative) towns. It’s good to be retired...
    Thank God in your prayers every night for this. I came to Pittsburgh 20 years ago; 'burbs are OK, but would LOVE to be able to retire to Mayberry, where I grew up...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -