Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had it with Garden Hoses

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilnuts View Post

1) Always roll the hose out to its full length untwisting it as you go then hook it to the water supply for use.
    2) When you’re done, disconnect the hose from the water supply, stretch the hose out twist as needed to get any twists out, then coil it on the ground twisting with thumb and pointer finger as you go to get a flat coil.

I use this method with any water hose and a similar method with air hoses and extension cords.

It’s more work, but it makes for less frustrating work.
    I don't roll out before using but any extension cord, air hose, or water hose gets laid out flat before it gets put away. As you pull it back to you you're able to get the twist out of the object as you coil it up for proper storage. Draining the water out of the hose also makes it substantially lighter and easier to manipulate.

Makes life less frustrating the next time I need to deploy one of them!

Feedback Score
    Emptying the hose definately helps. I have one of those frost proof/spray all over valves that release pressure and it’s below where I use the hose. Pop that, open the sprayer and it drains pretty well.

The real issue is my wife wants to do small spring tasks and my three-quarter inch rubber hoses aren’t easy for her to work with and pull out and put away. We have a number of rosebushes around that killed those cheap fiber hoses fast. I’m getting in one of the more durable ones to see how it works and probably one of those Teknor Apex hoses too.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score

Had it with Garden Hoses

I was turned on to these stainless steel garden hoses by a contractor. I bought one and it is excellent! Super light, cannot kink. I’ve used it for 6 months without any issues:

https://smile.amazon.com/Bionic-Stee...en+hose&sr=8-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We have the Zero-G 100 ft hoses on a reel. Works great. Just need to turn the hose off and bleed the pressure off before respooling. Same for unspooling. The big con I have with those (Zero-G) is that they have aluminum fittings that will seize onto brass fittings even with anti-seize… I retrofitted ours with brass and its a whole lot better now.
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 07-28-21 at 18:57.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I saw a camper the other day that had the power cords in a nice large flower pot with a curved lip on the top. Leave enough tail out the bottom to connect to the faucet and then roll the rest up inside the pot. Looks nice and hides the hose. Might be a snake pit, but looks good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123