Hey all. First off, this question only relates to handguns, I'm not ready to completely retrain with rifles.

TL,DR: I'm proficient drawing and shooting handguns left handed, is it worth the effort to retrain to draw and shoot right handed so I can use various handguns with right handed only features and use the more common and available right handed holsters?

Here's the long version. I have known ever since I started shooting when I was a kid that I was left eye dominant, so I always shot left handed (thanks, boy scouts) even though I do everything else right handed. Now after years of practice I feel comfortable and am competent drawing and shooting and handgun left handed. I have practiced weak hand only shooting very little, and I have never tried drawing or shooting with a two handed grip right handed.

I am fine with shooting left handed, the problem is I always had to consider it when i was purchasing a handgun or a holster. For example, I have NEVER been able to use the slide release, I always just racked the slide after a reload. Also, when it came to manual safeties, I had to either choose a gun that had an ambi safety, or one with no safety because I was worried, what if the safety accidentally got engaged and I couldn't reach it with my left hand. For a while I had a Ruger SR9, and liked it well enough. I wanted a paddle holster with retention, but couldn't find a left handed one. I ended up cutting up a blackhawk serpa for an HK USP, and that worked alright for the SR9. I lived with it for a few years, but ultimately traded up for a Glock 19 (Gen 4 because of the reversible mag release). Also, I have to buy 2 holsters for everything, because my wife is right handed.

The other day, I was just surfing the web, looking at guns and potential holsters for those guns and I Thought, "Geez, it would be really nice if I could just shoot right handed. Then I wouldn't have to worry about this stuff." Then it hit me, "What if I retrained myself to shoot right handed? But, would that be worth it?"

I get that I can use any gun, not just those with ambidextrous features. I also get that there ARE holsters for southpaws like me, but there are more holsters with different features available for right handed shooters.

So I ask you, the community, WOULD IT BE WORTH IT?