Thread: Current, 2021 FBI Duty Load for 9mm

Feedback Score

Current, 2021 FBI Duty Load for 9mm

Hi Guys, I used keep track of things like this, but since Retiring I don't have the contacts I previously had, so have been out of the loop, so to speak. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know exactly which is the current FBI Duty ammunition for 9mm ? As we all know, back in 2018, it was widely reported that they had authorized the Hornandy 135 grain Critical Duty as standard, yet only a few months after that, they had authorized the Winchester PDX1 147 grain loading ? And, to complicate matters a bit more, they were also talking about the Speer 'G2' 135 grain Gold Dot variant as their primary. Have they finally settled down & decided upon which specific load they were planning to issue ? THANKS

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    Latest official is Gold Dot G2 147 grain and Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain flex lock
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I retired last year but ordered the ammo for my department from 2010 to 2020 off the FBI contract. During that time frame the FBI had two authorized duty 9mm loads on contract along with training ammo and frangible. Same for 556/223. In case one round is on backorder the other is also authorized for use. David

Feedback Score
    THANK YOU Gents, I appreciate it. I recall hearing about some 'issues' concerning the G2 GD 147's, & IIRC, it had something to do with the elastomer 'plug' they were using to enhance the expansion properties ? You do have to admit, they tended to keep things interesting, or should I say confusing didn't they ?

Best, dpast32