Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X GTG?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Beretta 92X GTG?

I would appreciate any feedback those 92X owners can offer. I have extensive experience with the M9/92 series, what I want to know is any quality control issues with these Tennessee made 92X pistols. I handled one today and it seemed good to go, clean extractor pin staking, tightly fit front sight with no staking required, smooth action, even finish. I would like to know if all the negative reports online of the Tennessee pistols are valid.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had some pretty bad slide finish issues with my 92compact. But my Langdon full size and 92A3 were both perfect. I put this video together and it shows the hassle I went through trying to get Beretta to fix their product. They did but it took more work than it should have. Usually I wouldn’t bother but I want folks to know and hopefully Beretta will get it together.
    https://youtu.be/B_6XyryN7wQ
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I had some pretty bad slide finish issues with my 92compact. But my Langdon full size and 92A3 were both perfect. I put this video together and it shows the hassle I went through trying to get Beretta to fix their product. They did but it took more work than it should have. Usually I wouldn’t bother but I want folks to know and hopefully Beretta will get it together.
    https://youtu.be/B_6XyryN7wQ
    Thanks for the info! The bruniton finish is baked on and IMO should have been updated a long time ago.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Fortunately they ceracoated it during the refinish. Looks amazing now!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I would appreciate any feedback those 92X owners can offer. I have extensive experience with the M9/92 series, what I want to know is any quality control issues with these Tennessee made 92X pistols. I handled one today and it seemed good to go, clean extractor pin staking, tightly fit front sight with no staking required, smooth action, even finish. I would like to know if all the negative reports online of the Tennessee pistols are valid.
    I just picked up a 92X Performance after seeing and reading many reviews. Aesthetics and construction is absolute fantastic. The trigger pull is nice and smooth as well as light. I am looking forward to some range time with it.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great looking two tone beastie. I just picked up a LTT Elite black with NP3 accents....Think I like yours a bit better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I just picked up a 92X Performance after seeing and reading many reviews. Aesthetics and construction is absolute fantastic. The trigger pull is nice and smooth as well as light. I am looking forward to some range time with it.

It is all that.

I 'was" going to get a Wilson or Nighthawk 1911 or STI 2011in 9mm, but the 92x Performance does everything just as nice IMHO. I love how you can use it DA/SA like a normal 92FS or carry it locked and cocked like a 1911/2011.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    It is all that.

I 'was" going to get a Wilson or Nighthawk 1911 or STI 2011in 9mm, but the 92x Performance does everything just as nice IMHO. I love how you can use it DA/SA like a normal 92FS or carry it locked and cocked like a 1911/2011.
    I like this aspect as well.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve owned two 92s years back. I was underwhelmed.
    Always felt they were stupid large for a 9mm pistol.

Went back to P35/BHP for a HiCap 9.
    This was 25 years ago. There are better HiCap 9s now.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I’ve owned two 92s years back. I was underwhelmed.
    Always felt they were stupid large for a 9mm pistol.

Went back to P35/BHP for a HiCap 9.
    This was 25 years ago. There are better HiCap 9s now.
    I will admit that standard 92s leave something to be desired, but they can always be upgraded. The triggers are lacking and a LTT trigger job can do wonders for a standard 92. Of course, custom 92s like the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical and Elite LTT are fantastic right out of box. Even the M9A3 is a sweet shooting model. Of course, the 92X, especially the Performance model, is one of the best out-of-the-box 92s they have made. That is my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast