Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooter76 View Post
    Geissele is a solid company and I don’t doubt they can do an AR15 right. That said, their mounts and rails and everything that (possibly) isn’t a full rifle is ridiculously over expensive. They also have some of the worst fanboys I’ve ever run into… I’ve run into people who crow about Geissele mounts and trash LaRue.
    I was looking at one of their rails, but the price is what made me pass. Got something else that I liked just as much for literally half the price. A few of their rails are over 6 bills. That's beyond ridiculous. They feel like the "Apple" of the rifle parts industry to me.
    Last edited by Illustrator76; 07-28-21 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Food for thought: Sometimes, a manufacturer has an inflated sense of self or is pretty proud of their widgets and prices them to be premium. Other times, a product is manufactured at the behest of a customer group with a particular need, to certain specifications, undergoes proprietary testing, and then that particular product is made more widely available, and/or the development and manufacturing process carries over into other skus in the catalog.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Food for thought: Sometimes, a manufacturer has an inflated sense of self or is pretty proud of their widgets and prices them to be premium. Other times, a product is manufactured at the behest of a customer group with a particular need, to certain specifications, undergoes proprietary testing, and then that particular product is made more widely available, and/or the development and manufacturing process carries over into other skus in the catalog.
    It’s also worth pointing out that you can’t sell something cheaper to the civilian market than you are to the GOV. Design something for the government and you are probably rolling the cost of R&D into the product. You can’t drop that price down just to make the internet happy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It’s also worth pointing out that you can’t sell something cheaper to the civilian market than you are to the GOV. Design something for the government and you are probably rolling the cost of R&D into the product. You can’t drop that price down just to make the internet happy.
    Can't, as in illegal, or bad form that would cost all future contracts?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    As in some individuals will happily pay 10x the price just to have the gov-contracted item regardless of item's performance or scope of use.

- Below is Not a directed at Geissele in any mean or fashion. But I've seen it done by other smaller companies -
    There are plenty of cases where some branch merely evaluated the product in some sort of test and companies were pushing it "as seen in use by US mil" and "outperformed all others in mil tests" and etc. There are cases out there. Whenever a product performed up to a standard or not (and what standard), or if product was ever adopted and to what extent is typically omitted.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So:
    1- Geissele is expensive: when you count the parts included, I disagree.
    2- Geissele rails allegedly bend: None of mine have.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Can't in that if the price drops, the .GOV gets the price drop too and there goes all of your profit
    SF

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    So:
    1- Geissele is expensive: when you count the parts included, I disagree.
    2- Geissele rails allegedly bend: None of mine have.
    When have the Geissele rails bent? Is this what was meant when someone said “rail gate.” I’m unfamiliar with this, did they have a batch of defective rails or something?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Geissele rifles & uppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    When have the Geissele rails bent? Is this what was meant when someone said “rail gate.” I’m unfamiliar with this, did they have a batch of defective rails or something?
    Railgate or call them “bendy.” I smash my mk16 VFG-first into barricades on a regular basis and nothing.
    Last edited by dan1612; 07-31-21 at 03:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I always enjoy reading the passion people have about rifle brands and components.

There are so many great brands or AR weapons available. I think each has its own character and characteristics, and the beans mentioned have different objectives or missions to fulfill.

We are huge fans of the traditional military rifles fro LMT and FN and most Colt.

Geissele Super Duty is not in that class. It is more of a finely tuned rifle than a battle beast. Personally, I love them. Holding A DDC or Luna Black 14.5” rile is like a work of art, and not to improve upon, just add furniture.

One could argue that there are parts and thus cost that are marketing, but there is solid engineering behind the marketing. You may not NEED that engineering, like re-coating a fully coated muzzle device, it it does remove carbon a little bettter than standard DLC. I think Geissele build the best gas block in the business, but that is engineering a product that already worked fine for most, but is is great design work.

The barrels are the question in my mind. I trust Geissele to build quality, but I know how much effort goes into building a good barrel, and their output has zigged and zagged from Phosphate to Nitride coatings to black oxide and even between CHF and button cut. In my opinion, there was not a reason to make in-house barrels, when there are so many good and great barrel companies already making barrels, and making a barrel is much different (skills, materials, machinery, processes) than cutting rails out of aluminum or making triggers. I trust they will work through their productions NS settle on barrel fundamentals.

So, I would not compare Geissele to LMT of Knights, but maybe to Barrett REC7. Darn good quality and a great fit and finish.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast