Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best handguard?

Feedback Score

Best handguard?

Hi,

I have a Colt M4A1. I want to replace the handguard on it so I can mount a vertical foregrip and a light. I see some of the handguards out there are somewhat rounded to make them more ergonomic. My stock front handguard appears to be about 6" long.

What would be the best rounded replacement handguard to get that would allow me to mount a vertical foregrip and a light of some sort? I think I would want a metal handguard.

Many thanks for your suggestions!
    Last edited by Beacon; 02-20-22 at 13:02.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Do you want a pic rail?

My latest favorite is the BCM QRF for a pic rail. The good old KAC RAS is a no brainer, but the prices on those are crazy right now.

I also like my Geissele Mk 4 rail because it has the pic rails where I need a light and fore grip.

From top to bottom BCM QRF, 2 KAC RAS, and Geissele MK 4:

Last edited by markm; 02-20-22 at 13:11.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    What's your budget? Depending what you're looking for, a Magpul handguard would suffice.

Feedback Score
    Hey mark,

I'm seeing a M4 RAS, PN 98064 for ~$250. Is that whereof you speak? They seem to be out of stock in most places.

Feedback Score
    My budget is whatever I need it to be. The Magpuls all look to be polymer. I'm looking for metal.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Hey mark,

I'm seeing a M4 RAS, PN 98064 for ~$250. Is that whereof you speak? They seem to be out of stock in most places.
    I don't know the part number, but 250 is a good price, and the KAC RAS would be the easiest to install.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Unless you have a Peq, I’d go Magpul over KAC RAS M4. Either are fine and will suit your purpose. Midwest Industries also makes a decent drop in quad, but its fatter than the KAC RAS. Its absolutely serviceable, though, if you don’t need a heat shield.

Also consider the Centurion and Daniel Defense FSB cutout rails. And the Larue quad or MLok, DDM4, DD “XL” MLok, or KAC URX4, since the thread title said “best”.

Centurion C4 with FSB cutout would be the best “easy button”. Peep this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...37#post3013337 and ask user Five_point_five_six about his.

Edit: here’s a thread about quads to further confuse you: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...021&highlight=
    Last edited by 1168; 02-20-22 at 14:10.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I really like the Centurion Arms C4 rails. I have two C4 carbine cutout carbine rails. Had the original quad rail version, then switched to the newer M-LOC version and like it more then the original quad rail.

Good luck, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    OK, guys, thanks for the replies.

I think I'm gonna go for the KAC RAS.

Y'all rock!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with KAC, but might I suggest Centurion C4 with the FSP cutout if you're planning on keeping the front sight as well? This will allow you your light and grip with a longer reach.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast