Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score

Geissele rifles & uppers.

Do you guys feel that Geissele rifles & uppers are top tier (like the prices they are asking for them) like KAC, Noveske, BCM, DD etc? Or should I go with a different brand? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve had them all. I believe Geissele currently makes the best conventional DI gun on the market.
    Properly gassed, pinned block, chrome lined, nice fit and finish, and some of the best controls on the market. Also, at least for my preferences, ready to go out of the box (almost). When you consider what you get in features at the sale or coupon prices that can be easily had, it’s a no brainer for me.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Nope, not at all. All of those brands have been around for a long time and have been proven many times over. It’s possible that they will be on an equal playing field one day, and many that have their guns are strong supporters, but they have a long way to go IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Second the best DI gun on the market comment. Regardless of how long other companies have been around, the materials and craftsmanship in which they are building rifles, combined with their previous products and proven performance in austere environments confirm their quality/longevity. About the only thing that would be hard to test/confirm is their reports of bolt lug longevity due to forged design/steel. The only other company offering such an enhancement is Knights, and E3 lug has been around long enough to prove itself durable. Assuming the Geissele design works as advertised (I'm sure they tested and R&D'd extensively) it has the advantage to E3 design due to it being interchangeable with standard bolts/barrels.

The most significant features to me are:
    -reduced dwell time by using custom gas length
    -properly sized gas port in conjunction with said gas port
    -forged bolt with higher grade steel
    -centering tab in rails/upper

In addition to the above, the fact you get a surefire warcomp, arguably the best ar trigger available, H2 buffer, and enhanced controls...all at $1500 LESS then it's only competitor with such features makes it a no brainer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    I’ve had them all. I believe Geissele currently makes the best conventional DI gun on the market.
    Properly gassed, pinned block, chrome lined, nice fit and finish, and some of the best controls on the market. Also, at least for my preferences, ready to go out of the box (almost). When you consider what you get in features at the sale or coupon prices that can be easily had, it’s a no brainer for me.

I agree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Nope, not at all. All of those brands have been around for a long time and have been proven many times over. It’s possible that they will be on an equal playing field one day, and many that have their guns are strong supporters, but they have a long way to go IMO.

I agree with this and stick with them for accessories. They are cutting some corners on new guns as well. They black oxide the barrels now, not phosphate. It doesnt hold up as well. Also multiple price increases. You can get better for the same money, or less IMO. They may be there someday but not now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

I'm surprised to hear you say that. Pretty much EVERYWHERE that I go it's a fairly unanimous opinion that it's Geissele for everything, and don't even ask anymore questions. Just get the Geissele and rest easy because everything they make is top tier. I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm just a bit surprised to hear this viewpoint.

Feedback Score
    Meh… The Geissele BCG is interesting but nothing else about the gun interests me or stands out. IMO, LMT and KAC are where the innovation and improvements are.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Geissele rifles & uppers.

Say you buy a Colt 6920, by the time you change the trigger, gas block, charging Handle, rail, bolt catch, buffer and muzzle device, you’re already at Geissele money and it’s still overgassed. I should mention, I shoot suppressed exclusively so proper gassing is crucial to me and I don’t do adjustable gas blocks after I had one fail in the middle of a 2Gun match. The nano coating, gimmicky or not, makes cleaning a breeze. Love Geissele. I have 4.
    Last edited by dan1612; 07-27-21 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator76 View Post
    I'm surprised to hear you say that. Pretty much EVERYWHERE that I go it's a fairly unanimous opinion that it's Geissele for everything, and don't even ask anymore questions. Just get the Geissele and rest easy because everything they make is top tier. I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm just a bit surprised to hear this viewpoint.
    Their triggers, handguards, mounts and some other stuff is great although a bit pricey. I can get a Larue MBT that is almost as good as the SSA-E for less than half the cost, but i do have G triggers.

The guns are still a work in progress and there is no good data of long term use. They are switching out to nitride barrels on a lot of the guns and using black oxide instead of phosphate on the chrome barrels. Stock levels are anemic as well.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast