Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    Geissele rifles and uppers are definitely top tier. Mine is my go to rifle. When HK 416 replacements parts became almost impossible to get due to stupid import laws, certain groups that could have been issued whatever they wanted chose Geissele.
    Last edited by Beard_of_War; 10-20-21 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    To the OP, yeah, they are pricey, and opinions vary, but I think they are what might be considered top tier these days.

On gov't use, well, if, let's say JSOC ordered a bunch of these parts and you want to infer from that, they're GTG, fair enough. But when dealing with gov't contract purchases, I was also issued mag pouches by "Arkansas Industries for the Blind". Between those two datum points the truth surely lies.

Sorta depends on what you're doing. If you're just building a clone-like rifle, nothing wrong with that, but URGI stuff is the new hotness. If you have a different goal in mind, there are other choices.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I recently purchased a Geissele 10.3” Super Duty that I have SBR’d. It was purchased to be a modern Mk18’ish type rifle. The fit/finish on my particular rifle is stellar. I’ve gone through it tip to butt multiple times and I can’t find a single thing to complain about. It came with an H3 buffer and is gassed perfectly. Ejection has been at 4:00 exactly unsuppressed. The gun really is a pleasure to shoot. Between the trigger and soft shooting nature, follow up shots are a breeze. This gun will eventually wear a suppressor once it’s out of jail. Accuracy so far exceeds what I’m capable of with a RDS. My groups at 100 yds are consistently 1-1.5 MOA. I have fired exactly 200 rds of M193 so far, which isn’t much, but I have had no issues as of yet.

You are shooting 1” groups, and up to 1.5” groups with M193 at 100 yards? That is impressive! Is this standing, kneeling or what sort of shooting position are you using?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You are shooting 1” groups, and up to 1.5” groups with M193 at 100 yards? That is impressive! Is this standing, kneeling or what sort of shooting position are you using?
    Surely you do not believe that BS. 193 1 inch? Lol. It can happen but not consistently. An AR that can shoot 1 inch consistently with match ammo is a great thing but not the norm. 193 doing it??? Get out of here
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine who was in the "circles" to know (he's retired now but still has interaction as he's a contractor) told me that CAG had settled on a G weapon for the HK416 replacement. DEVGRU has gone Noveske, CAG has gone G. Didn't specify if it is the URG model or not, but did say it had a Surefire OBC in it. Interesting nonetheless.....
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beard_of_War View Post
    Geissele rifles and uppers are definitely top tier. Mine is my go to rifle. When HK 416 replacements parts became almost impossible to get due to stupid import laws, certain groups that could have been issued whatever they wanted chose Geissele.
    Did a search for the news of which you speak but so far my Google-fu is garbage.

DEVGRU and CAG are ditching the HK 416? I confess to living under a large rock but holy crap - when did that happen?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems like sometime last year. Lots of photos around of the Navy guys with their new noveskes. Haven’t seen any photos of a Geissele rifle out there yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Seems like sometime last year. Lots of photos around of the Navy guys with their new noveskes. Haven’t seen any photos of a Geissele rifle out there yet.
    Yeah for DEVGRU it probably was longer ago than CAG's selection (was told final choice was made a few months ago, now it proceeds from there). Might be a tad bit longer before you see a pic of one in the wild.

The Surefire OBC choice was interesting, as G has their own super-duper BCG. Maybe for more controllability in FA fire? I dunno.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    HK can't get out of their own way. Honestly, I was sure at one point that eventually the 416 would become the dominant version of the AR after the Marines picked up the M27. But it seems like they're suddenly fading in popularity and, from what others have said, it's largely because HK is so hard to deal with.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    HK can't get out of their own way. Honestly, I was sure at one point that eventually the 416 would become the dominant version of the AR after the Marines picked up the M27. But it seems like they're suddenly fading in popularity and, from what others have said, it's largely because HK is so hard to deal with.
    I would suspect that weight is an issue also. As loadouts (especially body armor) for troops have increased the weight they haul around, adding in a general-issue weapon that is heavier than the previous one would seem like a step backwards. The M27 isn't light by any means; having it as a general-issue weapon with a 16" barrel and longer [monster] quad rail would seem to be counter-intuitive for a 21st century Infantryman. For the HSLD types? Yeah, I can see it. But for the average grunt unit?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast