Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    The original URG-I uppers used DD barrels. I have a 10.3 SBR’d with a few k through it.
    They are now making their own.
    Yep, completely forgot about those. I was only thinking in regard to their complete rifles, but I stand corrected.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator76 View Post
    I'm surprised to hear you say that. Pretty much EVERYWHERE that I go it's a fairly unanimous opinion that it's Geissele for everything, and don't even ask anymore questions. Just get the Geissele and rest easy because everything they make is top tier. I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm just a bit surprised to hear this viewpoint.
    Triggers, mounts, rails - absolutely. Their rifles could be the best of the best, I just don't think they can be compared until the others in the OP until they've been around much longer and in much wider use.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Or maybe take ownership of ACR and do things right with that platform. I think it would be very interesting and refreshing development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    This would be great, hell anyone could probably take over the ACR and improve on Bushy and Remington's civilian offerings, but I'm sure Geissele would do a damn fine job at it.
    Is the ACR relevant anywhere but the internet?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I know that they have grown exponentially in the recent years, which can lead to QC issues if not properly managed (again I mention DD).
    A bit off topic, but has DD been known to have QC issues due to expansion? If so, what were problematic years?

I trust Geissele triggers and mounts, but I must say the rail situation was not handled very well by them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Geissele rifles & uppers.

Quote Originally Posted by ta0117 View Post
    A bit off topic, but has DD been known to have QC issues due to expansion? If so, what were problematic years?

I trust Geissele triggers and mounts, but I must say the rail situation was not handled very well by them.
    Black Friday a couple of years ago was also not handled well by Geissele.
    Last edited by dan1612; 07-28-21 at 00:41.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Is the ACR relevant anywhere but the internet?
    Not to sidetrack the topic:

I don't think it's relevant because it was never matured by whoever was designing or manufacturing it at the time.
    I think it has a good potential to rival many modern rifles if it went through an extensive maturity cycle.

There is, of course patents and economy of scale issue. Even such a wide-spread rifle as SCAR does not enjoy a 5% support of M4 platform. Simply because aftermarket companies can't legally manufacture copies, and if they can capture 95% of the market with M4 parts and accessories - why bother with SCAR's 5% share?

Most likely same situation stands with HK416/417 - companies simply can't produce copies or parts because HK would sue them for patent violations and such. If a company wants to make ACR successful on a large market scale - they need to release full specs to the public and allow other companies to use or contribute to the design. Maybe something similar to Magpul's MLOK arrangement or even more permissive.

Situation is reverse with AK platform - in the last 4-5 years every bubba now thinks because they have a CNC machine or can order cast parts they have a technical expertise of gigantic soviet factories and decades of experience and testing of firearm design bureaus; and can reverse engineer and manufacture AKs in various calibers. We all know how it went. US companies using their own parts (not part imported part kits) and unskilled assembly lines could not match not only Soviet, but also Bulgarian, Romanian, or Chinese production. Laughable, but true - apparently blueprints, processes at various stages, parts and material specifications matter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ta0117 View Post

Sent a PM
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Geissele is a solid company and I don’t doubt they can do an AR15 right. That said, their mounts and rails and everything that (possibly) isn’t a full rifle is ridiculously over expensive. They also have some of the worst fanboys I’ve ever run into… I’ve run into people who crow about Geissele mounts and trash LaRue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooter76 View Post
    Geissele is a solid company and I don’t doubt they can do an AR15 right. That said, their mounts and rails and everything that (possibly) isn’t a full rifle is ridiculously over expensive. They also have some of the worst fanboys I’ve ever run into… I’ve run into people who crow about Geissele mounts and trash LaRue.
    Have you looked at KAC pricing lately? I like Geissele products in general (I have a few of their triggers) but also tend to agree that they ask top tier pricing. When I can get a Centurion rail for almost a hundred bucks less....... And while I do like the triggers of theirs that I do have, I recently picked up a LaRue MBT 2S that's pretty darn good for 90 bucks shipped. Side by side with my G2S it's very hard to justify the price difference. You can pick up one of their blem rifles right now on their site for 1600 bucks. For that same price I can come close to a Centurion configured the way I want it. That decision would be pretty easy for me. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing them. They are local to me and I have no problem spending money on their products. But I also think there are other options out there in the same price range when it comes to fully built rifles that would intrigue me more. Now, full pop at close to 2k? Nope. And I agree, the fanboys are a bit over the top.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like Geissele AND LaRue mounts.
    Scalarworks is cool too.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast