Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    This is true and weird. It seems like I put just about anything on an AR and it works fine.

Loan that AR out for a class, hunt, whatever, and all of a sudden it shits the bed.
    Because they are limp wristing a handgun or feeding the rifle steel cased garbage or shit one can't even begin to understand once it hits the masses. I'm always surprised by all the issues with guns as I have had very few with either rifle or pistol. Not that it has not happened but I have so many guns with zero issues. Maybe luck, maybe buying quality proven stuff.???
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ^
    Depends on the configuration, some are much more sensitive than others. As far as the operating envelope.
    Makes me think of my 9mm AR journey several years ago, given these were factory built by highly regarded companies. They’d work fantastic at my range, but then I’d go and travel two hours for a match, and as soon as they timer went off, they’d crap the bed.
    Ended up going MP5 and never looked back.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Anyone have the weight of an 11.5 super duty upper, either with or w/out BCG and ACH?

Regardless of what I was told, I’m still intrigued by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're not lightweight for sure. I have a 11.5 "Duty Upper" (11.5" nitride SOCOM profile, Surefire 3P Eliminator flash hider, 10.5" Mk16, standard M4 upper, regular FA BCG & ACH). I can get a weight later today if you want. But it won't be a stripped "Super" upper.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    They're not lightweight for sure. I have a 11.5 "Duty Upper" (11.5" nitride SOCOM profile, Surefire 3P Eliminator flash hider, 10.5" Mk16, standard M4 upper, regular FA BCG & ACH). I can get a weight later today if you want. But it won't be a stripped "Super" upper.
    ~66.2oz

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Because they are limp wristing a handgun or feeding the rifle steel cased garbage or shit one can't even begin to understand once it hits the masses. I'm always surprised by all the issues with guns as I have had very few with either rifle or pistol. Not that it has not happened but I have so many guns with zero issues. Maybe luck, maybe buying quality proven stuff.???
    PB
    Your post hits home with me... must be lucky too. I am sort of still new to guns...didn't really get into shooting until 2010. However in all the guns I have had and shot I have had very little issues. A new Sig MPX 1st few hundred rounds was sticky with feeding. My other rifles and pistols all worked just fine with most never having a feed issue. I use new brass ammo except in my AK's and I try to use proper techniques holding my guns. Plus I keep them pretty clean but even on a outside range day of 500-800 rounds I never have issues.
    Last edited by mdrums; 10-07-21 at 22:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Your post hits home with me... must be lucky too. I am sort of still new to guns...didn't really get into shooting until 2010. However in all the guns I have had and shot I have had very little issues. A new Sig MPS 1st few hundred rounds was sticky with feeding. My other rifles and pistols all worked just fine with most never having a feed issue. I use new brass ammo except in my AK's and I try to use proper techniques holding my guns. Plus I keep them pretty clean but even on a outside range day of 500-800 rounds I never have issues.
    You make very valid points.

Feedback Score
    Going to take a Geissele Duty Rifle to the SOLGW shoot. I put a mag through it to confirm function when i picked it up, but nothing since. I'll sight in the optic beforehand, and let 'er rip. Will report back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    Going to take a Geissele Duty Rifle to the SOLGW shoot. I put a mag through it to confirm function when i picked it up, but nothing since. I'll sight in the optic beforehand, and let 'er rip. Will report back.
    How did it shoot when you did shoot it?

Feedback Score
    Sighted in briefly today actually w/ some IMI 55gr. Rifle cycles extremely smoothly, trigger is excellent, and she seems accurate enough. I started high and right, dialed down and it tracked perfectly along with my adjustments. We were losing the light and others needed to sight in so I'll shoot for groups hopefully this weekend. I've set it up w/ a Burris XTR II 1-5 in a Seekins MXM mount and plan to use it in stock configuration.

Good initial experience. I am not sold on the Super 42 system being better than the Vltor A5 I run in my other rifles, but so far so good.

Feedback Score
    I recently purchased a Geissele 10.3” Super Duty that I have SBR’d. It was purchased to be a modern Mk18’ish type rifle. The fit/finish on my particular rifle is stellar. I’ve gone through it tip to butt multiple times and I can’t find a single thing to complain about. It came with an H3 buffer and is gassed perfectly. Ejection has been at 4:00 exactly unsuppressed. The gun really is a pleasure to shoot. Between the trigger and soft shooting nature, follow up shots are a breeze. This gun will eventually wear a suppressor once it’s out of jail. Accuracy so far exceeds what I’m capable of with a RDS. My groups at 100 yds are consistently 1-1.5 MOA. I have fired exactly 200 rds of M193 so far, which isn’t much, but I have had no issues as of yet.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast