Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    You can get better for the same money, or less IMO. They may be there someday but not now
    What manufacturer specifically and what makes it better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Meh… The Geissele BCG is interesting but nothing else about the gun interests me or stands out. IMO, LMT and KAC are where the innovation and improvements are.
    Realistically, the only real advantage KAC has is the ambi-lower. gas system, improved bolt, handguard interface...other then price there isn't really an advantage. Not to mention KAC recently enlarged their gas port on the mod 2's, so one could argue that Geissele's gas system is superior.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-27-21 at 10:32.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Their triggers, handguards, mounts and some other stuff is great although a bit pricey. I can get a Larue MBT that is almost as good as the SSA-E for less than half the cost, but i do have G triggers.

The guns are still a work in progress and there is no good data of long term use. They are switching out to nitride barrels on a lot of the guns and using black oxide instead of phosphate on the chrome barrels. Stock levels are anemic as well.
    “A mag phos, CHF, Chrome lined barrel OR Nitride CHF barrel.”
    As far as I know they are not discontinuing chrome, just adding nitride as an additional variety.
    As far as black oxide exterior, Geissele says they’re good to go, and none of their products have ever had an issue in my hands, but I don’t drop them rail first from helicopters. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    I would trust a Geissele based on the BCG and Triggers I have. I think they probably make a quality rifle, but I personally haven't put my hands on one yet. I know that they were using DD barrels for a minute, which I always liked even if they were government profile. Not sure if they are going through DD still for them or another source, or making their own. I know that they have grown exponentially in the recent years, which can lead to QC issues if not properly managed (again I mention DD). As for the price, I have seen them at $1950 for a 14.5 midlength gun, which seems slightly high to me.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I handled one and they felt good and their specs are pretty impressive. I wished I needed an AR, id buy one.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I would trust a Geissele based on the BCG and Triggers I have. I think they probably make a quality rifle, but I personally haven't put my hands on one yet. I know that they were using DD barrels for a minute, which I always liked even if they were government profile. Not sure if they are going through DD still for them or another source, or making their own. I know that they have grown exponentially in the recent years, which can lead to QC issues if not properly managed (again I mention DD). As for the price, I have seen them at $1950 for a 14.5 midlength gun, which seems slightly high to me.
    I don’t recall them ever using DD barrels. I believe from inception they were made in house.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I don’t recall them ever using DD barrels. I believe from inception they were made in house.
    The original URG-I uppers used DD barrels. I have a 10.3 SBR’d with a few k through it.
    They are now making their own.

Feedback Score
    I like their triggers & rails. I like what they did with the AR bolt. My boutique ARs are DD & BCM from almost a decade ago, but i wouldn’t hesitate to buy a Geissele. John is more of a metal nerd than i would ever be capable of. Never had to return anything, so i can’t comment on Geissele CS.

I’m no fan of Colt. They may have set the standard decades ago, but their follow-through is as poor as their CS. I’d buy Geissele, FN or the others you mentioned way before any current production Colt.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    Do you guys feel that Geissele rifles & uppers are top tier (like the prices they are asking for them) like KAC, Noveske, BCM, DD etc? Or should I go with a different brand? Thanks.
    Geissele is a premium manufacturer at least as good as the others you've mentioned.
    Personally, I would put Geissele probably at the same level as KAC and possibly above others. Primary reason - they do a lot of their manufacturing in-house and expanded product lines significantly. I also like that Geissele is responsive to consumer's needs in both product lines and variations.

I've been critical of Geissele's products in number of cases where, in my opinion, criticism was warranted or the product was outright dubious. But this was not meant to take away from their innovative and iterative approach to firearms or accessory design and manufacturing.

They've been better than the most manufacturers in responding to consumer's needs. They also do not seem to cut corners in manufacturing or assembly.

I would like to see Geissele come out with a design similar to HK416/417 and FNC/AK5 in a few calibers. Or maybe take ownership of ACR and do things right with that platform. I think it would be very interesting and refreshing development.
    Last edited by alx01; 07-27-21 at 15:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    The original URG-I uppers used DD barrels. I have a 10.3 SBR’d with a few k through it.
    They are now making their own.
    Thanks for clarifying, I know that they used them with the URG's per Mrgunsandgear (www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoXyzkM4ni4) and I thought that there was an interview that Bill had stated they were using DD until they could make their own.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I would like to see Geissele come out with a design similar to HK416/417 and FNC/AK5 in a few calibers. Or maybe take ownership of ACR and do things right with that platform. I think it would be very interesting and refreshing development.
    This would be great, hell anyone could probably take over the ACR and improve on Bushy and Remington's civilian offerings, but I'm sure Geissele would do a damn fine job at it.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast