Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Correction. They ARE badass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your absolutely right. I stand corrected.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Geissele 6 ARC rifles with Hornady ammunition shot phenomenally well at range day. 6 ARC is only available as complete rifles as they do not use a standard AR-15 lower receiver. They will be over $3K. I'll be ordering one.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    Geissele 6 ARC rifles with Hornady ammunition shot phenomenally well at range day. 6 ARC is only available as complete rifles as they do not use a standard AR-15 lower receiver. They will be over $3K. I'll be ordering one.
    Damn, I wonder why they’re not using a standard lower. I was hoping for the easy button of just swapping uppers.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Damn, I wonder why they’re not using a standard lower. I was hoping for the easy button of just swapping uppers.
    The non-standard lower is likely driven by the magazine redesign mentioned at ~5:30 in this video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

They don't mention 'who' is making the redesigned magazines, but this could be similar to what LWRC did with their 6.8 SPC rifles (I believe developed for the military of the country of Jordan).

Magwell length has long constrained the development of alternate (non-5.56) cartridges, and 6ARC mags have largely been reworked 6.5 Grendel mags that may or may not pass muster in a harsh/military type environment.

It should be interesting to see what Geissele has come up with as further details become available.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    The non-standard lower is likely driven by the magazine redesign mentioned at ~5:30 in this video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

They don't mention 'who' is making the redesigned magazines, but this could be similar to what LWRC did with their 6.8 SPC rifles (I believe developed for the military of the country of Jordan).

Magwell length has long constrained the development of alternate (non-5.56) cartridges, and 6ARC mags have largely been reworked 6.5 Grendel mags that may or may not pass muster in a harsh/military type environment.

It should be interesting to see what Geissele has come up with as further details become available.

-Rainman
    Mags are supposedly being made by Geissele.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    Mags are supposedly being made by Geissele.
    Do you know if the mags are polymer or aluminum/steel?

Feedback Score
    I know I'm new on here but not new to the AR world... G SD 16" has to be one of the finest if not THE finest and softest shooters I have ever shouldered..... and accuracy was superb with a wide range of factory loads...

In my opinion it is top tier... ( to be fair I have never shot a KAC or LMT)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While I have a low round count I am extremely impressed with my green 14.5” pinned super duty rifle.

It shot well both suppressed and not with a surefire socom mini2.

The controls are subjective. While I won’t remove them from the rifle I’d never buy them separate for another rifle as an upgrade. There are many other choices I much prefer. Especially the bolt catch.

I think the SR15 and LMT monolithic/enhanced/ambi rifles. (You have to specify because LMT makes some very basic kit too) offer more bells and whistles. They are different from the super duty which is more ‘the best you can make a standard rifle’, and if we’re going to be honest it’s pretty standard. The keyed rail and upper are really the only ‘special’ thing. Everything else is just basic done the best they thought they could.

Feedback Score
    FYI - I just found out the Army SMU is now using new Geissele rifles in theatre having replaced their HK416’s. I knew they signed a big contract with Geissele as their new rifle, but was unaware that they were now in use until yesterday. Take from that what you will.
    Last edited by Cane55; 02-25-22 at 20:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    FYI - I just found out the Army SMU is now using new Geissele rifles in theatre having replaced their HK416’s. I knew they signed a big contract with Geissele as their new rifle, but was unaware that they were now in use until yesterday. Take from that what you will.
    Yes, I had heard that a few months back from a friend who is retired from those circles now. The rifle is Geissele but I believe they are using the Surefire OBC (Optimized Bolt Carrier group). Out of curiosity I've searched for those Surefire OBC's for quite some time and they are not in stock anywhere, and have not been for months.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast