Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rifles & uppers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Do you think the standard BCM upper pricing is the one you should use for an apt comparison, why not a BFH? With BCG and CH I think those are >$1k, yes?

Do you happen to have a link to where I could buy that KAC?
    I think SR15s are out of stock everywhere but Kelly Enterprises has that price.

https://www.kellyenterprises.net/kni...le-detail.html

The BFH uppers are $1k, so a $1400 rifle.

I’m not saying Geissele is bad, just looks like about a $400 - 500 spread from BCM > G > KAC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Geissele LE Duty rifles are $1500.
    Haven’t bought one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I think SR15s are out of stock everywhere but Kelly Enterprises has that price.

https://www.kellyenterprises.net/kni...le-detail.html

The BFH uppers are $1k, so a $1400 rifle.

I’m not saying Geissele is bad, just looks like about a $400 - 500 spread from BCM > G > KAC.
    It's all about having bought at the 2019 Black Friday sale (starting at like $1,100 for a Super Duty) or getting your hands on a coupon since then. My 14.5" Super Duty was $1,519 this year...almost exactly what my BCM assembly cost, but the Geissele is better (trigger, REBCG, SF flash hider, LPK, overall finish)

Both are more rifle than I need so whatever

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Their keyed rail-receiver interface is unrivaled.
    Plenty of rivals in that regard out there. Hodge, Noveske, Zev, SOLGW, Triarc have all used a steel pin to the same result for longer than Geissele. HK, Sig and Barrett have used the keyed interface before geissele. Hell, Colt and LMT have monolithic uppers from 7075T6 which makes all the discussion of bendy rails and handguard interface silly talk.

I think Geissele’s most interesting upgrade is their Bolt carrier group.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I think Geissele’s most interesting upgrade is their Bolt carrier group.
    I agree. I wonder if there was as much testing put into it as the LMT enhanced or KAC E3.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The hand waving around pricing kind of bugs me. Right now you can pick up a black blem 16" Super Duty for $1580.

The black non-blem 16 or 14.5 lists at $1975. I have bought with a 20% coupon which gets the price to $1580 plus shipping. When I bought they did not charge me sales tax, so maybe $1650 OTD from my FFL to my safe.

I run a Surefire RC2 so the warcomp has value for me.

In my case a my most recent buy was 14.5" with the P&W warcomp and trigger I'd be buying anyway (just under $300 for the parts, plus the warcomp and charge to P&W), plus the spring upgrade etc it starts to look like a fair deal. At 8% sales tax is not trivial either.

I have SR15's. That's a different beast and a quantum leap ($7-800) in price, availability is nil right now. Same with LMT maybe just a touch under KAC in price. No coupons or price relief available from KAC/LMT.

No question it's not KAC/LMT level of a build but still very nicely done and so far a solid, smooth shooter. Jury is still out for me on durability but honestly I'm not a heavy enough user to seriously threaten wearing out a G gun.

I am seeing lightly used/unused ones for $1500 or so. Good deals IMO when you consider pretty much no need for ancillary upgrades.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why would durability be in question?

Their triggers are proven and everything else on it is pretty much just AR stuff.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    The hand waving around pricing kind of bugs me. Right now you can pick up a black blem 16" Super Duty for $1580.

The black non-blem 16 or 14.5 lists at $1975. I have bought with a 20% coupon which gets the price to $1580 plus shipping. When I bought they did not charge me sales tax, so maybe $1650 OTD from my FFL to my safe.

I run a Surefire RC2 so the warcomp has value for me.

In my case a my most recent buy was 14.5" with the P&W warcomp and trigger I'd be buying anyway (just under $300 for the parts, plus the warcomp and charge to P&W), plus the spring upgrade etc it starts to look like a fair deal. At 8% sales tax is not trivial either.

I have SR15's. That's a different beast and a quantum leap ($7-800) in price, availability is nil right now. Same with LMT maybe just a touch under KAC in price. No coupons or price relief available from KAC/LMT.

No question it's not KAC/LMT level of a build but still very nicely done and so far a solid, smooth shooter. Jury is still out for me on durability but honestly I'm not a heavy enough user to seriously threaten wearing out a G gun.

I am seeing lightly used/unused ones for $1500 or so. Good deals IMO when you consider pretty much no need for ancillary upgrades.
    Honestly I think fit/finish is better on Geissele when compared to knights, same goes for parts selection. The ONLY advantage KAC has is the fully ambi lower. Genuinely I can’t think of any other advantage except for being around longer and name recognition…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Honestly I think fit/finish is better on Geissele when compared to knights, same goes for parts selection. The ONLY advantage KAC has is the fully ambi lower. Genuinely I can’t think of any other advantage except for being around longer and name recognition…
    Except it’s not full ambi. You can’t lock the bolt from the right. LWRC and LMT did ambi properly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Why would durability be in question?

Their triggers are proven and everything else on it is pretty much just AR stuff.
    Agreed. I also don't know why people bring in this up.

From what I read online Geissele URGI uppers have already been fielded and see normal use in many units.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast