Thread: Mounting SF Warcomp for suppressors, how centered should the alignment rods be?

Feedback Score

Mounting SF Warcomp for suppressors, how centered should the alignment rods be?

Hi all,

Trying to mount a Surefire 762 Warcomp on BCM 300blk for SOCOM SPS 300 suppressor. I use a Geissele alignment rod to see if the muzzle device is concentric to the suppressor. I noticed the chamfered spacer directly dictates the concentricity of the alignment rod and the suppressor. We're talking about sensitivity of microns (hair width). If the spacer is poorly aligned, the alignment rod will hit the suppressor baffles.

- How concentric should the Geissele alignment rod be relative to the suppressor?
    - How do you align the shims and chamfer spacer for the muzzle device consistently and reliably?
    - Does concentricity of the rod directly dictate the POI shift comparing to with or without suppressor?

My current steps for final mount
    1. Install chamfered spacer and shims
    2. Apply Rocksett on the threads of barrel and Warcomp
    3. While aligning the chamfered spacer and shims by hand, hand tight the Warcomp
    4. Use wrench to tighten by 5-10 ft-lb
    5. Check alignment with alignment rod and suppressor
    6. If not aligned reasonably, untorque and repeat steps 3-6
    7. Torque up to 30 ft-lb to index the Warcomp

Note: I assume Rocksett is okay with repetitive minor adjustments in steps 3-6
    Last edited by kinematics; 07-27-21 at 11:46.