Thread: Very elusive deer

Feedback Score

Very elusive deer

Sorry to break up the Ohio coyote thermal kill forum with this but wanted to show how I was able to stealthily sneak up on 7 unsuspecting deer with my 4400 pound, bright white, obnoxiously loud deer blind, cleverly disguised as my 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack today.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7uvbNg44c4jN2Ct47

This four point buck was mine for the taking: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5XvhxA7YdnGPdthT7

...if I had actually been hunting or had any inclination to hunt this particular residential area, outside of deer season, from my car, with my G19.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Ohio coyote thermal kill, most likely already in progress...
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    G19, or just sweep the leg.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like my neighborhood. Too bad this thing won't let me post pictures, there was like 20 of them up the street from me the other day. Neighbors front yard was like a deer socializing area

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Here's how we shoot 'em 4 miles south of downtown Pittsburgh.

In your backyard. Or possibly your front yard.

Damn things are thicker than mosquitoes THIS summer...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I usually wake up and look out the window face to face with a deer. They stare in my sliding glass door all the time. I'm half tempted to open it and see if they'll just climb into the freezer.

They give zero shits about us or the dogs.

ETA: The deer spend a lot of time mixed in with the cows like part of the herd. I wonder if I ought to worry about "hybrids"
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 08-01-21 at 11:05.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    ETA: The deer spend a lot of time mixed in with the cows like part of the herd. I wonder if I ought to worry about "hybrids"
    He won so falves/cawns should start popping out soon.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mule deer eating snow off of cars in the Rockies or rabbits that seem to stalk you are neat. But, I've always found it interesting how nature will just happen even when a person is the anomaly.

Some of my favorite hunting memories include being followed by baby beavers, cuddled up with by a baby raccoon and having had a 'soul to soul' eye lock at punch distance with a tom bobcat.

At some point I made a transition. For awhile now, I've no longer based a hunts success on whether or not I killed something. Just sit still and let nature fill in around me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Mule deer eating snow off of cars in the Rockies or rabbits that seem to stalk you are neat. But, I've always found it interesting how nature will just happen even when a person is the anomaly.

Some of my favorite hunting memories include being followed by baby beavers, cuddled up with by a baby raccoon and having had a 'soul to soul' eye lock at punch distance with a tom bobcat.

At some point I made a transition. For awhile now, I've no longer based a hunts success on whether or not I killed something. Just sit still and let nature fill in around me.
    I haven't had any turkey success turkey hunting, but one thing I enjoy is barred owls responding to the barred owl call. Truly a pleasure to get in area with 3 or 4 talking to each other.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I haven't had any turkey success turkey hunting, but one thing I enjoy is barred owls responding to the barred owl call. Truly a pleasure to get in area with 3 or 4 talking to each other.
    I do the same thing duck hunting quite often. I'll get them looking with a Canadian goose call then work them down with a mallard hen call. I let them land in the decoys. I'll just sit and watch as they swim up to every decoy trying to have a conversation. I've gotten them right up to the boat looking for the "talker" multiple times. I may or may not shoot when they lift off. Just depends.

Manipulating crows with a predator call and an owl decoy is always a good time as well. Not quite a zen moment but more of a chaotic, semi-controlled disaster when the crows get worked up. Good time none the less.

Feedback Score
    I seem to find more deer immediately following a nap. I dunno if I'm too figity or what but sleeping on the mountain or answering natures call have produced more deer for me than any other method....

dam your 80x spotting Scopes

Just bring TP and a pillow

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Nappy time and wake up to 3 does within 40 yards of me

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk