Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun times last night - not

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Fun times last night - not

I always let the dogs out about 10-10:30ish to take care of their business before bed time. Well...unbeknownst to me, an armadillo made its way through the fence to try and root up my yard. That f*cker usually is close enough to the fence line and the dig hole to get away. Not this time...Koa was too fast for that thing last night.

I knew something was different when he took off through the pool screen door and didn't make a sound. If it is beyond the fence he will take off to the fence line, growl or bark. Nope, no growl, no bark...just the sound of teeth on armadillo shell. The Am. Bulldog of course joined in and fun was had for all (sarcasm). Nothing like having to try and get them off of it and then give them both a bath on the pool deck at 11:00pm. Woohoo...fun times!

Stupid armadillos. He marks the fence line. I guess that's not warning enough. Well...price paid.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Be careful with those things. They can carry leprosy. Armadillos are the one animal I have a personal kill on sight order out on. Well those and Cottonmouths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Be careful with those things. They can carry leprosy. Armadillos are the one animal I have a personal kill on sight order out on. Well those and Cottonmouths.
    Yeah, I read about that. From what I understand, they have to eat it though to contract it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Yeah, I read about that. From what I understand, they have to eat it though to contract it.
    I meant watch out for you. Can dogs contract leprosy? I was under the impression only humans and armadillos could carry it.

Feedback Score
    I only know one person who still owns a Pit. Its bit her more than once. And it's a female.

Good luck with your unneutered male.

Ain't much different than owning a mountain lion.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I only know one person who still owns a Pit. Its bit her more than once. And it's a female.

I don't see a Pit Bull in the pictures.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

American Bulldogs are awesome. Same with Amstaffs, pitties, etc. Square head dogs rock brah. Nurture over nature.

Hope them dogs didn't break any teeth on that Texas road stone.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    American Bulldogs are awesome. Same with Amstaffs, pitties, etc. Square head dogs rock brah. Nurture over nature.

Hope them dogs didn't break any teeth on that Texas road stone.
    I thought American Bulldog was the new way of saying Staffordshire Terrier, which was another way of saying Pit Bull? No?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Had my own GSD go after one this morning. Luckily, she's getting some age on her and just went to the 'dillo and growled with her cackles fully raised. Didn't attack or bite, just made sure it was aware it wasn't welcome in the backyard.

Yeah, they can carry diseases, but I tend to leave them be since they are an effective termite and ant remover and I'm getting some fire ant hills in my yard. Sure, they can tear a yard up, but nothing that can't be replaced fairly easily or isn't normally killed by a hot Oklahoma summer anyway.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Nah, roughly the same ballpark but definitely differences amongst them. They all get labeled as "Pitbulls" often enough even if the resemblance is slight. Pitties get a bad rap, mostly due to shit owners. Also if a pittie snaps at you it's "vicious" but if a pomeranian does it "isn't that cute? "

Meh, chihuahuas and poodles scare me more than pitties. I got a square head too, and I don't bite all that often.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast