Thread: Ruger American Ranch Grendel muzzle diameter

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Ruger American Ranch Grendel muzzle diameter

Guys,

Nodak Spud is making iron sights for Ruger bolt guns. I’d like to buy some and put them on a Ruger American Ranch 6.5 Grendel with threaded barrel. However, I do not yet own said rifle, and will not be able to touch or purchase one for a few months. I was wondering if anyone here could answer the following:

“We now have available front sights that are made for these barrel diameters:
    NDS-58 for .750”
    NDS-59 for .730”.
    We have not examined a Ruger American Ranch rifle chambered in 6.5 Grendel, and we thus do not know what the outside diameter of the barrel is at the area where the front sight is to be installed.
    Please measure your 6.5 Grendel barrel and let us know what you find out.”

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Weekend bump.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    We’ve got a couple new members, so, here’s another try.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think you'll find that you want to pick up the rifle first as at least on my version 7.62X39 the barrel profile changed from .75 to .73. Not saying all calibers changed, but may not be worth $55 to find out you have the wrong one when you pick up the rifle later.

BUT thank you very much for posting this thread, I had no idea Nodak Spud was making iron s for this rifle, going to pickup a set for myself.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    doubletap

Feedback Score
    I've checked a couple times when I am in a gun store, but thus far no joy. Haven't found one to put calipers on. Not like I've made it my mission in life, but if I see one I'll let you know. Good luck, I'm sure its a little frustrating. Have you tried contacting Ruger?
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ruger’s reply:

“(Name redacted),

It's diameter is 0.760".

Ruger does not recommend modifying your firearm. Any modification may result in improper function of the firearm. Ruger does not test or recommend aftermarket parts that aren't sold on ShopRuger. Any questions regarding aftermarket parts should be directed to the manufacturer.

Thank you for your interest in Ruger

Ruger Customer Service“