Call me crazy or old school.. whatever! But I prefer a good set of offset iron sights over a red dot. Not just because of price. But I think they have more purpose as a back up option. I know they're not near as fast as a red dot, especially if they're folded down. My reason of thinking this came to me when I was stationed up in Washington state. I had a 1-6x lpvo as my primary optic and an offset red dot as my secondary. Well if you've ever been to the Pacific northwest you know it rains 360 days out of the year, so you might as well learn to live with it. It's that fine, light, mist type of rain too. It easily gets blown around by the wind. My buddy and I were out at some private land shooting no further than 100 yards. I couldn't see anything through either of my optics. The wind and the rain were causing both optics to be so obstructed they were pretty much useless. We basically put those rifles away and resorted to shooting rifles with iron sights that day.
Anyways.. just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else thought any different. It's always nice to hear other opinions and see if I'm missing out on any good info. Have a great day everyone!