Thread: 308 newb question...scar worth it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

308 newb question...scar worth it?

I bought a PWS MK216 about 2 years ago. I shoot suppressed and am a lefty so I thought I would go piston. It's cool and seems to shoot nice. My only gripe is the weight. I know AR10's generally are heavy. I don't honestly have plans to hump it around.
    I am not a long range shooter, but want to keep a semi auto 308 with great ergos in my safe. Realistically is there any advantage to selling and getting something like the SCAR? It seems they are pretty light for what they are. Also need to change lowers to go with my large collection of SR25 mags.
    My other thought was to build off of a Stag lefty upper. I'm not too worried about parts compatibility since the AR 308 world is a bit of a jumble anyway.
    Another thought is the short frame AR 308. Just not sure if they are sorted out yet.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are a lot of threads on the SCAR17. My suggestion is to read them, your answer lies within.

Feedback Score
    Call PWS and see if they’ll sell you a complete bcg for a spare, then call FN and ask the same. Does suppressor use void the PWS warranty? Is the PWS problematic? Does your current rifle meet your needs?

I don’t usually buy products that I can’t get spare parts for or have to send back to a mfg when there is a problem. IMO, which is just an opinion, long term end user maintanance should be considered in a purchase decision. Every mfg’s shit breaks eventually. How long will it be down? Does the mfg actually support civilian end users?

Unless CZ brings back the Colt 308/6.5 guns, is there a small frame option that has actual support? POF? Zev/Mega?
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Is item ____ worth it ? Regardless of what said item is, if you want it, it's worth it !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you plan to use it as a shooter with can much of the time, I would say no. I don’t shoot mine with a can, and to me it’s a fine weapon. With the price increases of late, it’s a hard call to make, but then again FN says they sell faster then they can make them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I replaced the gas jet on mine, really smoothed out the action with a can.. I love the scar platform but I freely admit I’m an FN fanboy.