Thread: Form 1 error - How to cancel and re-submit?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Form 1 error - How to cancel and re-submit?

So, I made a stupid mistake on my e-file Form 1 and didn't catch it until after submission. Pretty sure it will be rejected, so I'd like to go ahead and re-file a correct Form 1 without waiting for a rejection.

Do I have to withdraw or cancel the erroneous Form 1 before submitting a new one? Or can I just submit the correct Form 1 and wait for the refund when the erroneous one is rejected?

If I have to cancel the first one, how exactly can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Use the “ask the experts” tab on eforms. Provide the permit number and a brief explanation. Your $200 will be refunded but may take a week or two. You can resubmit a new form 1 immediately but you’ll need to pay $200 again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you!

I did the Ask the Experts, but I needed to know if I could resubmit right away.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I made an error on the .23 Form the first time I did a Form1 for an SBR. I did the “ask the expert” thing and they had me submit a corrected .23. Might have added a few days but I didn’t have to withdraw. It was approved in about 40 days.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Personally I would just wait for the rejection. When I made an error that’s what they told me to do. When I received the rejection I corrected it right away. Only added about a week to my total wait time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My 2nd e-form one I mistyped the serial # and more than triple checked it at the time. It was rejected but got an email from the examiner to call and she (heather I think) told me to refile correctly telling me I had missed the leading numbers a long way left of the serial number. It was approved the next day.

While overworked, in my experience the examiners try to figure out the best solution to not waste anyones time. You will have to buy another stamp, but within a month or two the original $200 will be refunded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    My 2nd e-form one I mistyped the serial # and more than triple checked it at the time. It was rejected but got an email from the examiner to call and she (heather I think) told me to refile correctly telling me I had missed the leading numbers a long way left of the serial number. It was approved the next day.

While overworked, in my experience the examiners try to figure out the best solution to not waste anyones time. You will have to buy another stamp, but within a month or two the original $200 will be refunded.
    Right. That's the one.

Got an email from her at about 2:30 her time on a Sunday afternoon. She says that 4.d. on my Form1 reads TAC-14 and she thinks that might not be correct. Says to take pics of both sides of receiver and email them to her.

Well, I had already shipped it to Vang Comp.

I respond that I had shipped the firearm to Arizona for repair, and wouldn't see it again for another month. I tell her "As you know, you are correct; 4.d. should read 870".

I received my approved Form1 very first thing that next morning.