Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFF FedEX

Feedback Score

EFF FedEX

3 weeks ago I went into FedEx to ship a pistols, I told them it was a pistol and they charged me $27 for the shipment.

I went into the same FedEx today and they wanted $126, saying handguns had to be shipped priority overnight.

I am going to try UPS, next.

I tried calling UPS customer service and was talking to a call center in Asia by the sound of the accent and then couldn't tell me anything about shipping pistols with UPS.

Needless to say I am PISSED.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the exact same experience with Fedex. The communists are working hard against freedom, every day.

https://d3ciwvs59ifrt8.cloudfront.ne...df61c8e285.pdf
    Last edited by HKGuns; 07-30-21 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm an ffl & had all three carriers tell me they do not ship firearms period at one point or another...ignorance is curable.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had an Amazon shipment from Fedex say was arriving on day X. Day X came..no shipment. Checked the tracking the next day, Fedex tracking says "Problem with shipment". This goes on for a week, still no package. Check tracking again, Fedex tracking status was changed to "Delivered" on the day it was originally supposed to be delivered.

Had to get a refund from Amazon and explain that I never got it and that them marking delivered was false and I have the video to prove that they never came.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've had great experience with www.shipmygun.com for shipping to FFLs. They're part of BudsGunShop and use their UPS account to generate shipping labels for you. Then you drop off at a UPS Customer Center (shipping hub, not store). The website checkout process doesn't run correctly with Safari on my Mac, but that may not apply to you.

You simply choose the type of firearm and package weight, level of insurance, and the receiving FFL. After successful checkout, they will email you a printable shipping label within 24 hours.

ETA: They also provide you with a letter on UPS letterhead in case you run into any resistance, but I didn't have any trouble the three times I've shipped.

2Day Letter copy.jpg
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 07-30-21 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    3 weeks ago I went into FedEx to ship a pistols, I told them it was a pistol and they charged me $27 for the shipment.

I went into the same FedEx today and they wanted $126, saying handguns had to be shipped priority overnight.

I tried calling UPS customer service and was talking to a call center in Asia by the sound of the accent and then couldn't tell me anything about shipping pistols with UPS.

Handguns must be shipped no slower than 2-day according to federal law. I don't know if this applies to FFL holders.

For even more frustration, try exhaling to them that sending a gun to a gunsmith requires no FFL involvement at all or that a muzzleloader isn't a firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

You got had one the first one. Should not have been that cheap. The second number is much more common for firearms overnight.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Handguns must be shipped no slower than 2-day according to federal law. I don't know if this applies to FFL holders.
    Are you sure that is a federal law, not the carrier's policy?

18 U.S.C. 1715 states that handguns cannot be mailed through the USPS, so they must be shopped by private common or contract carrier.

Do you have a source for the 2 days?

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-30-21 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got nuked on primers. One week UPS shipped no problem, next week “no”. Said they completely understood you can ship ammo but not primers. So annoying.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Are you sure that is a federal law, not the carrier's policy?

18 U.S.C. 1715 states that handguns cannot be mailed through the USPS, so they must be shopped by private common or contract carrier.

Do you have a source for the 2 days?

Andy
    Carrier policy since 1998 or 99, IIRC UPS did it first followed by FedEx.

The reason UPS claimed was their employees were stealing pistols shipped via standard ground.

Found an article. Originally it was next day air, 2 day came later.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...22499-idx.html
    Last edited by jsbhike; 07-30-21 at 17:09. Reason: Found an article

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast