Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Meyer on Jocko Podcast.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    We're talking the same guy who was a fresh E4 from Kentucky when he earned his medals, who subsequently went on to be a construction worker who married Palin's daughter and had their drama spread all over MTV on "Teen Mom".

I've got nothing but respect for his MadLad approach to combat, but I'm not sure "class" comes automatically with a MOH.
    Maybe it's my age, I was thinking about Autie Murphy, who I thought had a pretty good public footprint from my recollection. Times change I suppose.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You're right, I did read that totally wrong. My apologies!
    Not a problem.

Feedback Score
    We're talking the same guy who was a fresh E4 from Kentucky when he earned his medals, who subsequently went on to be a construction worker who married Palin's daughter and had their drama spread all over MTV on "Teen Mom".

I've got nothing but respect for his MadLad approach to combat, but I'm not sure "class" comes automatically with a MOH.
    ^^^This. He doesn't exactly have an average life or experiences that other veteran faced after getting out, much less understand what they are dealing with in day to day life. I came home to a community that gutted the middle class and concentrated the getto, and he married a celebrity and started a company based on his military career. Having said that, what he did in Afghanistan was worthy of the MOH, and I can understand his emotions in feeling like he let his friends down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I think he really poorly articulated what he was trying to say. He's a grunt...I get it, I was an 11B and I'm barely room temp myself.

In my opinion, it's not what you wear or what you own, it's how you act. I love seeing Americans seeking training to be more responsible and prepared. I do roll my eyes at the try-hards and LARPers in the tactical community, but only because of the over-produced "Hypebeast" nature that oozes from it.

Wearing kit does not make you a poser. Wearing kit and making over-stylized videos with shitty tactics and a bunch of expensive noise just to look cool makes you a joker...regardless if you have a DD214 tucked away at home or not.
    He didn't seem to have any trouble to me. Civilians with military arms and equipment are "the problem." The problem being, in his mind, that this is tantamount to stolen valor.

Basically what he's arguing is that military grade arms and equipment are status symbols of the government appointed warrior class, and by having them you're doing something ethically wrong, because by merely having these things you're claiming you're something you're not. Basically saying peasants can't have swords because it's above them.
    Last edited by okie; 08-02-21 at 19:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Basically what he's arguing is that military grade arms and equipment are status symbols of the government appointed warrior class, and by having them you're doing something wrong. Basically saying peasants can't have swords because it's above them.
    I didn't get that from the 1:30 instragtam video, I think he said stop posting like your an operator, and Luke @GTF425 said, there are plenty of LARPers out there, especially on Instagram. If you don't like him, okay fine, but there are bigger problems in this world for gun owners and owners of black rifles than Dakota and his opinions
    Last edited by Hank6046; 08-02-21 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" - F. Scott Fitzgerald
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPS6i3En9WH/?hl=en

Is this the IG rant? I don't have an account, but this is what I found with a quick Google.
    Transcript:

"So, I just got done working out and I gotta tell ya, I had this thought last night...scrolling through Instagram just looking at...at...just looking at, just looking at the feed, whatever. Bored. And I gotta tell ya, you know, one thing that's been ****in' irkin' me lately...I don't know why, but, I see all these people out there wearin' camo, acting like they're ****in' Operators on ranges...umm...look, I just want to say this:

Like, you're just trying to do what guys like Tim Kennedy, Marcus Luttrell ****in' really did. And...if you're one of those people who thinks you're ****in' tactical and you never served...umm...all you're doing is...is...it's like ****in' Halloween for you every time you ****ing post on Instagram, right? 'Cause, you're just trying to dress up and be something you never were. And it's just so...so...****ed up, because, you're just trying to put off this persona that you're something that you're ****in' not.

And um...yeah, here's the best way to gauge it- if you've never had to kiss your family goodbye wondering if you're gonna ever come home, quit trying to make up for it in your later years. You didn't serve. You didn't do it. Good on you, congratulations, whatever, but you didn't ****in' serve. Stop trying to act like you did and give off this persona because Instagram gives you a platform to be whatever the **** you want to create today. Ahhhhh that's what's wrong with the world, it's people like that."

I'm not seeing him calling out everyone that's a civilian and trains...it sounds like he's calling out the civilian guys who jockey up and LARP like they're Operators for clout on Instagram.
    Last edited by GTF425; 08-02-21 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I didn't get that from the 1:30 instragtam video, I think he said stop posting like your an operator, and Luke @GTF425 said, there are plenty of LARPers out there, especially on Instagram. If you don't like him, okay fine, but there are bigger problems in this world for gun owners and owners of black rifles than Dakota and his opinions
    I'm really not seeing the outrage here. He's calling out dudes who want to put on a show and dress up like they're SOF to play Operator on the range for Instagram clout. He didn't say anything about civilians in general...it's a very specific demographic he's calling out.

Feedback Score
    I'm not seeing him calling out everyone that's a civilian and trains...it sounds like he's calling out the civilian guys who jockey up and LARP like they're Operators for clout on Instagram.
    That's what I saw, I'm also not on instragram, he might have said more later on but I have yet to see a source, or hear it myself. Honestly, I respect what he did, but could give a crap about anything else he does. Jocko podcasts are usually very good, and informative, I would hope he had him back on to fully explain himself in long form, but until then I get sick of the "cancel culture", just learn what you can and how it applies to you and move on.

Feedback Score
    Wearing camo makes you a LARPer.

You can’t be “tactical” unless you’re in the military.

You’re “the problem”.

Yeah you’re right, must be a solid dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast