Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Meyer on Jocko Podcast.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Sounds like he could have had better support during the event in question, but that is probably true of ALL MOH winners, most Marines and lots and lots of other people who found their ass out in the wind one sunny day when the shooting started in earnest.

He's probably entitled to his hurt feelings, lots of other guys would have quit and hit eject, he stayed behind to do what he felt was his duty and that gives him grounds to criticize others when he finds them wanting rather it's true or not.

While he shouldn't automatically get a new career as a celebrity or be promoted into the stratosphere, by the same token he shouldn't have been sandbagged for shooting his mouth off about things even if it probably is unbecoming to a Marine. I feel he's earned his right to bitch about shit a little bit.
    Not to nitpick but Swenson is an Army officer. He, Meyers, and the others were part of an MTT "leading" an ANA unit. A mix of Army and Marines.

I agree with everything you wrote however!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    It’s sad he’s so “bro military” and made comments negative about civilians who train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bingo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the rest of us are allowed to say that he is a douchebag for his opinion.

Thanks for your service and all that Mr Meyer, but you’re a douche and please eat a bag of dicks.
    Last edited by Alex V; 07-31-21 at 09:43.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It's possible to recognize and appreciate a person's service to our country and the sacrifices they made while also acknowledging that they're a giant gas bag with stupid ideas and opinions. Dakota Meyer is one of them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isn't there some film footage that shows details related to Meyer's story didn't happen?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So to many, many people "military culture" is strong and proud traditions. West Point is military culture. So many more people "LE culture" tends to mean "thin blue line" stuff and brotherhood of fellow officers. When you use those words in a negative context, you insult those who use them otherwise.

It's like me saying the "black community" is all about drugs, crime and hatred of other races." Certainly the local Kiwanis chapter of the "black community" would be surprised by my comments.

So if we are going to be more targeted, we need to say "the anti gun elements of law enforcement leadership" and "members of the military who have forgotten their oath" and things like that. Otherwise you are just going to alienate members of the military and law enforcement community that started out pretty pro second amendment. It only takes a little bit of effort to make people feel "not welcome" and then it does become an "us vs them" situation while the .gov manipulates us both against another.
    Slow your roll there, nobody is insulting anyone here. There's a difference between culture and community. If you were to say African American culture has become all about drugs and crime, and now hatred of other races, you would be correct, and anyone who denies that would be lying. Community implies all members or almost all. Culture can be and is an all encompassing thing, and militia culture has become antithetical to the values laid out in the constitution. It's become statist and contemptuous of "****ing civilians." Particularly the ones who might dare to exercise their rights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Bingo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the rest of us are allowed to say that he is a douchebag for his opinion.

Thanks for your service and all that Mr Meyer, but you’re a douche and please eat a bag of dicks.
    While I agree with your sentiment, the more concerning part for me is that he's obviously a product of his environment. Ask yourself why he felt safe saying those things, why there hasn't been any public pushback except from the "radical far right," and why he's not facing discipline from his superiors. If he had failed to refer to Bruce Jenner with the correct pronouns he would be in a whole mess of trouble right now. But using his position as a paid active duty officer to undermine the rights of the people to whom he's sworn to uphold those rights? No problemo, have at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    While I agree with your sentiment, the more concerning part for me is that he's obviously a product of his environment. Ask yourself why he felt safe saying those things, why there hasn't been any public pushback except from the "radical far right," and why he's not facing discipline from his superiors. If he had failed to refer to Bruce Jenner with the correct pronouns he would be in a whole mess of trouble right now. But using his position as a paid active duty officer to undermine the rights of the people to whom he's sworn to uphold those rights? No problemo, have at it.
    Just to be clear Meyer isn't on active duty anymore. He was a Sergeant, not an officer.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Why, what did he say? Doesn't he pretty much make a living training civilians?
    Made a statement that he supported a waiting period for firearm purchases.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    And unlike MacArthur, Puller probably would have rather ran his mouth than be given a MOH. Keep in mind Mac got his MOH for "leadership" while he was abandoning the Philippines and leaving the men of Bataan to their fate. That's like giving Yamamoto the Order of the Chrysanthemum for his leadership during the Midway campaign.

Anyone who knows history knows what Puller did and honestly he was too busy doing things to win the war than to go glory dogging for his own benefit. He measured his success in the number of Marines who were still alive the next day after stacking Japanese bodies 6 feet high.

I often wonder if MacArthur ever fired his weapon in combat during WWII.
    Just for the record, MacArthur was a prima dona piece of shit that should be wiped from the pages of history. Google Bonus Marchers and Pelilu.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I feel kind of sorry for him.
    Some folks just shouldn't speak in public and they certainly shouldn't be recorded.
    I'm guessing you go in there for an interview and questions are asked, you fall back on some unpleasant memories and perhaps your a bit emotional as you answer. I can see that as a recipe for disaster for any man.
    I think people volunteer for these interviews and think it's an even deal, it's not, ever.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast