Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Meyer on Jocko Podcast.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    It’s sad he’s so “bro military” and made comments negative about civilians who train.

If he was "bro military", he wouldn't have gotten out. Being in the military doesn't make someone a gun guy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I feel kind of sorry for him.
    Some folks just shouldn't speak in public and they certainly shouldn't be recorded.

The first time I was filmed on the TV show "COPS" I came across like an idiot (just my opinion). It is part of life, but the internet has made it worse for people in a lot of ways.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Just to be clear Meyer isn't on active duty anymore. He was a Sergeant, not an officer.
    I thought he got a commission and stayed in? Sorry if I'm getting him confused with someone else. That might change the legality of what he said since he's not an officer under UCMJ, but it still doesn't make what he did any less traitorous in my opinion. Sedition isn't protected by the First Amendment, even if you're a civilian. I don't give a shit what he did, because 250 years ago people died to give us these freedoms that he's using his platform to undermine, and he's using his service status to directly attack the very core of what our founders gave us in order to protect those freedoms from statists such as himself. He should be looking at those people on Instagram saying, Damn, what a wonderful country I live in where people have the freedom to do something like that. Even if an armed people weren't so critical to our sovereignty, he should still relish the fact that we have that kind of freedom to have a hobby like that. But it's no hobby, and he's trying to usurp a right that is ours, and ours alone, for the exclusive use of the state.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I feel kind of sorry for him.
    Some folks just shouldn't speak in public and they certainly shouldn't be recorded.
    I'm guessing you go in there for an interview and questions are asked, you fall back on some unpleasant memories and perhaps your a bit emotional as you answer. I can see that as a recipe for disaster for any man.
    I think people volunteer for these interviews and think it's an even deal, it's not, ever.
    Wait, he said more shit in an interview? I only saw his little Instagram selfie time rant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If he was "bro military", he wouldn't have gotten out. Being in the military doesn't make someone a gun guy.
    It’s not about him being a gun guy. It’s about his attitude of “rights for me, but not for thee”.

He certainly fits the superiority complex of the Bro Military types like Tim Kennedy, and some of his buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I thought he got a commission and stayed in? Sorry if I'm getting him confused with someone else. That might change the legality of what he said since he's not an officer under UCMJ, but it still doesn't make what he did any less traitorous in my opinion. Sedition isn't protected by the First Amendment, even if you're a civilian. I don't give a shit what he did, because 250 years ago people died to give us these freedoms that he's using his platform to undermine, and he's using his service status to directly attack the very core of what our founders gave us in order to protect those freedoms from statists such as himself. He should be looking at those people on Instagram saying, Damn, what a wonderful country I live in where people have the freedom to do something like that. Even if an armed people weren't so critical to our sovereignty, he should still relish the fact that we have that kind of freedom to have a hobby like that. But it's no hobby, and he's trying to usurp a right that is ours, and ours alone, for the exclusive use of the state.
    I don’t think you really know what you’re talking about. It’s fairly obvious you’re confused. How does Meyer bashing civvies that wear multicam and full kit to the range equate to treason and sedition?

Hell I’d make fun of you if I saw you at the range trying to be “operator cool”. Doesn’t mean I don’t think you can’t do what you want or that you shouldn’t be allowed to LARP but I’d still make fun of you. For example: went to one of Ivan’s Coast to Coast meets. A dude shows up kitted out in full multicam, a full bat belt with a Sig 320 in a drop leg and “tactical shoes”. Do I think he didn’t deserve to be there? Nope. Did I laugh inside and wonder who he was trying to impress? Yep!
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 07-31-21 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Other than the one rant where he essentially says the bubba wanna be clowns in full gear running around the range trying be taci-cool annoy him, is there anything else? Does he have a track record of saying he has no respect or support for civi types like me who do my best to be proficient with firearms?

I looked around a bit and could not find anything in addition to his IG rant, which didn't bother me at all nor did I take is a hit me, but the bubba types we all lol at too.

That does not mean I don't support their 2A Rights, and wish them well if they wanna play operator dress up, but I can certainly understand why Meyer's might not be a fan of them.

Did I miss other stuff of his where he acts like a D as it relates to non mil enjoying their 2A Rights?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I don’t think you really know what you’re talking about. It’s fairly obvious you’re confused. How does Meyer bashing civvies that wear multicam and full kit to the range equate to treason and sedition?

Hell I’d make fun of you if I saw you at the range trying to be “operator cool”. Doesn’t mean I don’t think you can’t do what you want or that you shouldn’t be allowed to LARP but I’d still make fun of you. For example: went to one of Ivan’s Coast to Coast meets. A dude shows up kitted out in full multicam, a full bat belt with a Sig 320 in a drop leg and “tactical shoes”. Do I think he didn’t deserve to be there? Nope. Did I laugh inside and wonder who he was trying to impress? Yep!
    I can't really laugh at them anymore because they're my customers. All I see is money. Dirty little secret of the whole defense industry is that 90% of the sales are going to civilians right now and 10% to actual doorkickers.

But yes, what he's doing is seditious. Notice I didn't say treasonous, and there's a distinction. It's defined as inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state. We The People are the authority of this state, and those rights he's attacking are the very foundation of that authority. This is one of those situations where you can't just say whatever you want, especially with him being in the position he's in, using his platform as a former member of the militia to undermine our rights.

I don't think you realize how serious this is. The implication of the Second Amendment is that We The People have the ability and the right to remove the Militia from power if they get too big for their britches. So when you have prominent members of the Militia using that platform to rally support for removing our rights, that's a big step towards the Rubicon. And this is all the more serious post Katrina, because there's now historical precedent for the Militia having already once violated our most sacred right. Being most sacred because it's the thing that gives teeth to all of our other rights. By trying to undermine it, they're by implication threatening all the other rights it protects.

What he's advocating is returning to a society where the state gets to appoint a warrior class, and has a monopoly on the ability to use or resist force. We were the first nation in the history of civilization to remove that authority from the state and place it solely with the people themselves, thereby making the people, not the state, the ultimate authority, and giving them the power to enforce it.
    Last edited by okie; 07-31-21 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I can't really laugh at them anymore because they're my customers. All I see is money. Dirty little secret of the whole defense industry is that 90% of the sales are going to civilians right now and 10% to actual doorkickers.

But yes, what he's doing is seditious. Notice I didn't say treasonous, and there's a distinction. It's defined as inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state. We The People are the authority of this state, and those rights he's attacking are the very foundation of that authority. This is one of those situations where you can't just say whatever you want, especially with him being in the position he's in, using his platform as a former member of the militia to undermine our rights.

I don't think you realize how serious this is. The implication of the Second Amendment is that We The People have the ability and the right to remove the Militia from power if they get too big for their britches. So when you have prominent members of the Militia using that platform to rally support for removing our rights, that's a big step towards the Rubicon. And this is all the more serious post Katrina, because there's now historical precedent for the Militia having already once violated our most sacred right. Being most sacred because it's the thing that gives teeth to all of our other rights. By trying to undermine it, they're by implication threatening all the other rights it protects.

What he's advocating is returning to a society where the state gets to appoint a warrior class, and has a monopoly on the ability to use or resist force. We were the first nation in the history of civilization to remove that authority from the state and place it solely with the people themselves, thereby making the people, not the state, the ultimate authority, and giving them the power to enforce it.
    We The People are The Militia. That’s how I interpret the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. Sorry if you interpret it differently.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    We The People are The Militia. That’s how I interpret the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. Sorry if you interpret it differently.
    It's not open to interpretation. The People and the Militia are two distinct, and opposing, things. Read Article One of the Constitution and it will become clear.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast