Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Meyer on Jocko Podcast.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Last I checked, civilians aren't getting Friday afternoon lectures on not driving drunk, visiting off-post restricted locations, zero tolerance drug lectures, room inspections and mandatory stand-down training cuz someone screws up.

All those adjectives don't just apply to civilians...
    That's just the military's treat you like a 5yo, group punishment, so higher-ups can cover their asses type of thing. That's just how the military was, is, and probably always will be. I'm sure the tip-of-the-spear guys don' have to endure that adolescent treatment but then again they did at some point in their career before they went higher on the food chain.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Last I checked, civilians aren't getting Friday afternoon lectures on not driving drunk, visiting off-post restricted locations, zero tolerance drug lectures, room inspections and mandatory stand-down training cuz someone screws up.

All those adjectives don't just apply to civilians...
    When I was on active duty, people took notes on the places that were off limits and that was the first place they went on liberty call.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score

Dakota Meyer on Jocko Podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post

Thanks for that,

https://youtu.be/myJDBos5Vyw
    Last edited by mRad; 08-01-21 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    BINGO!!

The tacti-cool operator wannabes are cringe worthy when you see them. You all have the right to play dress up at the range, and hell training out of your gear now and then to make sure it works is fine but unless you kick down doors for a living you’re training for something you’re very unlikely to do.

Most of us are now members of 1st Civ Div, as such most of my training revolves around the kind of gun I’m going to have on me, in the kind of gear I’ll be wearing. That means a handgun, and normal ass street clothes.

Uncle Sugar doesn’t pay me to be an infantryman anymore, so I don’t live my life training to do infantryman shit.
    I would say that "bug-out" or SHTF gear might include body armor (especially getting used to wearing and moving with it on), an LBE type of setup for mags (or whatever they call it in 2021), and of course your weapon and sling. I agree that a handgun is the most likely to be in your hands but hey, an AR is good to be proficient with too!

Going to the range decked out in multi-cam, Altama's, aviator green gloves, an ACH with comms attached, etc. is a bit much.

One thing most LARPers tend to ignore is the physical fitness aspect of being a cool guy. You wanna be ahead of the game? Train with your weapon to proficiency at the range, and at home do repeated calisthenic drills.....run fast bursts, drop, roll, get up, move laterally, then to the rear, squat down, back up, rinse repeat. Do it until your soaked with sweat and out of breath, then do it again. And again. Those old football practice "grass drills" come to mind. Hell, look at Sarco's website and buy yourself a rubber duck to use while you do it if you want. Of course ain't nobody got time for dat!

There's nothing wrong with wanting to attain (or maintain) Infantryman-level fitness and agility, that'll keep you limber as you get older. Of course like I said that part isn't very popular. Just keep the range for weapon proficiency and the PT side of things at home. Going to the range looking like you just fast-roped in from Bragg makes people think "WTF is up with this guy?"
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I don’t think you really know what you’re talking about. It’s fairly obvious you’re confused. How does Meyer bashing civvies that wear multicam and full kit to the range equate to treason and sedition?

Hell I’d make fun of you if I saw you at the range trying to be “operator cool”. Doesn’t mean I don’t think you can’t do what you want or that you shouldn’t be allowed to LARP but I’d still make fun of you. For example: went to one of Ivan’s Coast to Coast meets. A dude shows up kitted out in full multicam, a full bat belt with a Sig 320 in a drop leg and “tactical shoes”. Do I think he didn’t deserve to be there? Nope. Did I laugh inside and wonder who he was trying to impress? Yep!

It isn’t that he was “bashing them”. He said they are “the problem”.

That’s right, descent, law-abiding citizens, patriots, ARE THE PROBLEM.

Think about that….and where his loyalties are.

Either he thinks so highly of himself that people shouldn’t be allowed to do what he does, or they are the enemy. He doesn’t clarify, nor did he apologize.

This isn’t him making fun of laughing at them.

Perhaps they are taking their constitutional obligation to be well-regulated seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So is everyone on this board who has tactical gear and/or a PC, and actually trains with it, a "problem"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    So is everyone on this board who has tactical gear and/or a PC, and actually trains with it, a "problem"?
    Seems many people on this forum believe that and not only “a” but “the”.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Seems many people on this forum believe that and not only “a” but “the”.

I'm still trying to figure out what "problem" these people present. Meyer and "others" haven't made that too clear. Is being a "poser" some sort of a "problem"? At worst, it's seems like harmless fun, and guys might actually learn something about themselves and their gear.

Feedback Score
    I'm still trying to figure out what "problem" these people present. Meyer and "others" haven't made that too clear. Is being a "poser" some sort of a "problem"? At worst, it's seems like harmless fun, and guys might actually learn something about themselves and their gear.
    Probably too busy studying for their pronoun test or working on their critical race theory final.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More difficult to subjugate?

I can't recall ever seeing anyone that opposes another person being independent/prepared that didn't harbor some desire to commit a wrong against that person.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast