Thread: Forced to sit through Youtube ads?

Feedback Score

Forced to sit through Youtube ads?

I don't know why, but it seems that Youtube is making me sit through 2-8 minute long commercials with out the ability to "SKIP'? I don't have or sign into google accounts, so maybe they are punishing me. Has anyone else seen this?

I like Colin Noir, but I had to write this while some video about solar roofs wouldn't go away.

Is this a change that others are seeing? Is YT changing its model. Heck, these 'commercials' are worse than watching broadcast TV.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Open the page and change the URL link once it starts from youtube to hooktube. No more commercials.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you are using Chrome download AdBlock if using a PC.

I've noticed it when watching YouTube from my living room TV which is a Roku/TCL but since I'm signed in the ads are slightly more relevant.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Downlod the Youtube Enhancer. No ads, period.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are using AndroidTV for YouTube. there is Smart Tube and SmartTubeNext. Zero ads.

You have to download it using a different app then play store like Downloader or the Troypoint app downloader, but it's easy.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    GHOSTERY is your friend. I've NEVER seen a Youtube ad.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Yeah, what they said. You need an adblocker. This is what happened to me too years back before getting an adblocker. SO many ads, it really was getting worse than watching TV.
    ALL because they want to force people to sign up for a YT subscription plan. The ads were NEVER a problem before they came up with that "service to solve a problem that didn't exist"...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    If you are using Chrome download AdBlock if using a PC.

I've noticed it when watching YouTube from my living room TV which is a Roku/TCL but since I'm signed in the ads are slightly more relevant.
    If you're using Chrome, stop. Download Brave. It has adblock built in, is built around privacy, has a built in Tor mode, isn't Google, and you get BAT coins for ads that you don't even see (or at least I have yet to notice one). Those get paid out monthly and I've just been transferring to another wallet to swap into BTC or ETH.
    Last edited by aFella; 08-01-21 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've been using Adblocker browser with good success